Wednesday, October 15, 2008

8 Random Facts about Lindsey

I won't be tagging anyone, but seeing as Sheena tagged me, here are
Eight Random Facts about Lindsey

1 - Two Food Groups: I believe there are two food groups: real and dessert. The two groups cannot be mixed in one dish. A few examples of atrocities that I refuse to eat: Hawaiian pizza, Mango Chicken Salad, Honey-Glazed Ham, Waldorf Salad, etc.
2- My watch: I have bought the same watch four times. I love its shape, its price, and the ease at which I can find it at Target every year. Unfortunately, I have had to purchase it four times... since its price directly reflects its quality. :-) The first three purchases were because the band would break (plastic, fake leather), but then Ryan finally talked me into buying a leather band and attached it to the face for me. Then, about a month ago, the face cracked, and I had to buy a new one anyway. I figure when this plastic band breaks, I can still attach the leather band from the one whose face broke. It's a good watch... really. 3 - High anxiety: I hate being the center of attention or looked at. I prefer not to draw attention to myself (like dressing up for Halloween and having a baby shower), and I hate public speaking (like giving talks in sacrament meeting and being observed by my principal). In fact, I usually throw up, cry, and can't eat the day before school starts and the morning of. It started in preschool, according to my mom, and even continued as a school teacher. That's right: at 26, I sat on the bed next to Ryan crying and begging to not have to go to the first day of school. Thankfully, I had no first day of school this year.
4 - Blue feet & Lips: I have really poor circulation. My feet turn blue about every time I take off my socks. I try to avoid wearing sandles, and I prefer to avoid air conditioning. (Our thermostat was set at 78 all summer.) I even sometimes get blue lips. I am pretty much always cold, even since being pregnant. Too bad Ryan was hoping to save on heating bills this winter.

5 - Young Adult Fiction: If there was a budget cut and we had to vote to save only one section at the public library, I'd keep the chapter books for kids in grades 4 through 7. I have read nearly every one, and they just make me... happy. I love juvenile fiction.6 - Red-haired, Freckled Italian: With an awesome maiden name like Morello, you'd think I'd have dark hair and an olive complexion. Quite to the contrary, I have to spend half an hour lathering up with sunblock (SPF 50) just to watch a tv show about the beach! Turn's out I got my mom's genes.7 - No cavities / No broken bones: I've never had a cavity, and I've never broken any bones. I've actually only been to the hospital twice: When I cut my finger in first grade and had to get stitches and last night for our first childbirthing class. Oh, and I think I might have gone to the hospital 4 1/2 years ago - to visit my sister-in-law Emily when she had her first baby. Yeah, staying in the hopsital when I have our baby will be awfully strange. 8 - Weight: Until I got pregnant (31 weeks ago), I had weighed the exact same weight since I got my first driver's license at 16. I may have flunctuated a pound or two, but I've always been exactly the same size and shape. And I have never done anything to maintain it: no strange eating adaptations, no rigorous exercise routine - nothing. Sadly, this is very much not true anymore (I'm currently at +25!).

5 comments:

The Koenig Family said...

YOU crack me up! I"m still laughing about you lathering up with sun block before watching a show about the beach. Too funny! Hope you're feeling good.

Rachel said...

ha ha - the picture of the pizza just made me crave Hawaiian pizza!!!

That's great that you've never had any cavities! I think Bethany mentioned something like that too on a past blog. You guys should make a "Perfect Teeth" club!

Carrie Wood said...

Very interesting facts. I love it. I am really excited to read Brisinger. I loved the first 2 and I read Eragon like 3 times, since I read it and read it to my class.

Sheena said...

Yeah, you're a good sport! Also, facts 1 and 2 totally cracked me up! We miss you guys and hope that you are doing well!

The Birds said...

DUDE, I didn't even START that skinny with EITHER one of my two kids and I'm pretty sure the last time I weighed that was as a sophomore in college - oh, and let me remind you that I'm like a whole foot SHORTER than you are! Don't EVEN want to hear about it!!! Anyway, enough of that! I LOVE the stripes in the baby's room and I definitely feel your pain. However we didn't (thank goodness) attempt the entire wall, but yet a mere portion of it, but touch ups took over three hours, just on that. Can't even imagine your pain!! However, the end result is TOTALLY worth it! And, I know the poll has closed, but I vote for "Carston"! But I'm sure he'll be cute no matter what you name him! You're getting so close! I'm so excited for you!
~Chandi