We were discharged from the hospital in time for Christmas, but unfortunately we were re-admitted on Christmas Day for Collin's jaundice.
We are all home now but may have to return for additional treatments.
Each day we have had to return to the hospital for Collin to be tested,
and then we anxiously await our doctor's call to see what steps need to be taken. It is quite frustrating since we've been given very little instruction on how to help him other than to feed him.
It looks like Ryan may have left out Collin's vitals at birth in the last post:
Weight: 7 lbs 13 oz
Length: 20.5 inches
But at the doctor's yesterday he already weighed 8 lbs. 8 oz., so you can imagine what kind of eater he is!Please keep our little Collin in your thoughts and prayers. He's had a rough first week.
7 comments:
He's a cutie for sure. Sorry about the jaundice. Poor Tiny. My friend had a baby on Monday and named him Collin. Funny, eh.
Those pics remind me of little Ashlyn. All those pokes on the heels of the feet and the bili lights. Makes it seem like it was yesterday I was doing the same thing with her. Hang in there and just keep up the good work feeding him! That's what helps the best.
This is Mandie BTW, didn't realize Jon was logged on!
Awww...he is so darling! I love him in that little hat!
I'm sorry that the first week has been rough - if any time is a "good time" to have a baby with some issues, the first week would not be it. My little sister had serious jaundice too and had to be put under those same photo-therepy lights.
Best of luck dealing with all the challenges of motherhood - plus this on top of it. You are definitely in my prayers.
I also love that he and Christian are so close in age! Hopefully they get to meet someday! :)
He's so cute! I know all about yellow babies! Asher was in the hospital under the lights for 3 days and then he had to be on the bili blanket at home for 4 weeks!!! His levels would just not come down. His poor little heels were poked so many times. Put Collin in front of the window and keep feeding him. The levels eventually come down. If he's gained that much weight already I'm sure he'll be fine!
Congratulations Lindsey and Ryan! We are so happy and excited for you guys. I'm sorry that he's had jaundice. All you want to do with a new baby is stay home as a family and you've had to pack him up every day (and all those little pokes :(. Hang in there and hopefully he will be over it soon.
He's absolutely adorable and I love his name. Congrats again!
Hey Lindsey. Not sure if you remember me--it's Kelly from Santa Barbara. Anyway, I just found your blog on Chandi's site. Congrats on the new baby! Things can be so frustrating with jaundice. My son was on the light for over a month. Finally, I had a nurse tell me to give him formula for 48 hours and it went away. Most jaundice babies have breast milk jaundice. You can research it online if you want. Just a thought--I know people are weary of giving babies bottles early on, but I still breast fed for a year. good luck and congrats again!
Post a Comment