Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mylicon Miracle & Craig's List Love

Mylicon Miracle

We have seen a Mylicon Miracle at our house.
Collin has been really fussy after each time he eats. I have been cutting things out of my diet trying to figure out the cause, but it was beginning to look like I wasn't going to be able to eat anything at all!

For example, Sunday night Collin woke up to eat at 12:30am. I fed him until about 1am, and then he began his characteristic arching of his back, kicking/stretching of his legs, flailing of his arms (which I have learned means he needs to burp/toot). I burped him in a variety of positions until at 1:30. Nothing.

Frustrated, I woke up Ryan, who burped and rocked and bounced our little guy until 2:30am. Result? Collin screamed and screamed in pain, and nothing came out.

I use this story as an example of each time he has eaten since about a week ago. It was becoming very draining, to say the least.


Enter Mylicon on the scene. Ryan picked it up on the way home from work Monday night, and it has worked like a dream. Collin doesn't seem to mind the flavor, and he is so happy and content to be alive. We had begun to believe he hated being awake, since all he'd do is eat and scream with his eyes open. Now today I have played and read to him most of the morning! Yeah for gas relief meds!

Now doesn't he look content?
Craig's List Love

I also wanted to share my Craig's List Love. I have found so many great things right here in town for so cheap. Here are a few of the baby things I have acquired:


Play Mat Gym (with music) -
New: $69.99; Craig's List: $10

Car Seat Base -
(We actually bought the whole car seat, but we really just wanted an extra base.)
New (just base): $30; Craig's List (whole seat): $15
Baby Bath Tub -
New: $25; Craig's List: $5
Baby Swing -
New: $72.99; Craig's List: $20
Boppy -
(I already had one, but I'd been wanting another... and for this price? I couldn't resist!)
New: $30, Craig's List: $5
Stroller Frame -
New: $60; Craig's List: $20
Electronic Ball -
New: $13; Craig's List: FREE (She threw it in since I bought so many other things!)
Now just to clarify, all these items were not purchased from the same person or at the same time. These have been my finds since about September when I started gathering things for the coming baby... But still: What did people do before Craig's List? I'm in love.

12 comments:

H.Cook said...

you go, girl! Those are amazing deals. I'm afraid of using the Cleveland Craigslist... lots of shady characters here :)

Rachel said...

Wow! You got some awesome stuff!!

Collin looks like he's getting a little baby chub! He's adorable!

Christian has ALSO been very gassy. I totally can identify with the screaming. Seems like all C. wants to do is eat and sleep - but now he's started screaming WHILE he eats. After hearing your testimonial, I think we might try the Mylicon too!

Burtonfamily said...

Yes, the joys of colic! I remember lots of nights of screaming from about 8pm until 3am. It's amazing how we live off of no sleep. Luckily the gas drops work, we had to get a prescription for Hayden. Glad he's sleeping for you.

Bethany said...

I'm a Craigslist lover myself.

Katrina said...

I am very impressed with your craigslist finds! I usually don't see prices that great for that stuff on ours. Plus the listings here cover such a large area that sometimes it's not worth the drive. Especially with what the gas prices were last year.

So glad Collin is feeling better! That must have been so frustrating!

Amy Rose said...

Yay! I'm so glad the mylicon worked for you! Now we'll have a great time at the mall for sure... :)

Heather said...

More than half the stuff we have for Brennan is from Craigslist. Why buy new when you can get great deals?

Brennan had a stage where he would scream when he pooped or had gas. I think I should have used gas drops to help him out. Luckily we're past that stage. . . it will end I promise.

He sure is cute!

Kendall and Melissa said...

He is such a cute little baby. I just LOVE that picture of him sleeping!! Darling!! And I agree about Craigslist. I got a bunch of stuff for the kids for Christmas and they play with it ALL the time! Hooray for cheap!

Carrie Wood said...

That's all great stuff. I just got all the baby's room bedding stuff off Craigslist. Really, we'd be broke without it!

Afton said...

Sorry Collin has been so fussy--he's so cute though! I'm glad the drops worked for you, they didn't do much for my kids. There's always hope for the next one (which is no where close to being a part of our lives yet). I love that you posted all your craigslist finds with prices--it's it the best? Way to go!

Tasha said...

Collin looks so precious on his blessing day! He is SO CUTE!! I love the pic of him sleeoing on the boppy! My girls both had acid reflux until about 5 mo so, I know what you are going through! Glad the drops worked for you guys they never worked for us with either child! Glad things are looking better!!

Mary said...

thanks!!.. but i have to say, you've got me beat with your craigslist skills. I'm still in the learning process. It took forever for me to find that little bench.. but I was so proud of myself when we got it for 50 bucks!!! and it's true, they are so expensive in the stores!!! p.s. collin is SO cute!!