Monday, March 23, 2009

Three Months

Collin turned three months on Saturday.
#1: Ryan and I went on a date! Yippee! We drove to St. Louis on Friday so my parents could watch Collin. We went to the temple Saturday morning and then out to lunch. I have never had a better weekend. Thanks Mom and Dad! #2: Collin loves to "talk" and smile at the ceiling, especially at lights. We thought he just liked the light in our bedroom, but this weekend at my parents' house, he did the same thing to their kitchen chandelier and living room skylights. It is so funny to watch. My dad has decided that he is talking to the angels. It is adorable.
#3: When we put Collin over our shoulders to burp him, he "burrows." He thrashes his head side-to-side, rubbing his eyes and nose all over the place. Sometimes we think he is searching for me again. Other times it looks like he may be trying to urge his burp out. Today I think he was doing it to itch his nose (Ryan had a cold last weekend...). Does anyone else's baby just go nuts when you place him/her over your shoulder? Once in a blue moon he'll fall asleep on my shoulder, and... it makes me melt.
I can't believe how big he is getting and how quickly. He now has tears when he cries and loves to sit on our laps or stand up. I also can't seem to remember what life was like before Collin, though Saturday's date was a dim memory. We love him so much. Happy 3 months!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Christian burrows too!! Sometimes he hits his head against my chin when I hold him upright like that with his head on my shoulder. He likes being upright now much more than lying down.

Heather said...

ha ha Brennan does that too. It's so funny. He will suck on my shoulder and grab my neck. It's fun because I feel like he's hugging me too. Collin is getting so big! Yeah for dates.

Amy Rose said...

Hallie is obsessed with lights too. Whenever we go somewhere like Lowe's with big overhead lights, she points and says "What's that?" My mom says she is trying to show us what heaven was like "light"... :)

Burtonfamily said...

Wow! 3 months already. Time sure flies. He sure is a cutie!

Katrina said...

He is darling! Asher loved sleeping on my shoulder up until he was about 6 months old. Now he rarely falls asleep in my arms. He's too wriggly and strong. Putting him to bed has become Daddy's job.

Ammieloris said...

:) Gideon likes to wipe snot on my shoulder. (Not that he knows that's what he's doing!) Sometimes he'll lean so far back to see lights that I can hardly hold him! I'm glad you had a nice date together. Husbands are WONDERFUL!