Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Four Months

Collin had his 4-month doctor's appointment yesterday, and three nurses commented on how big he is. The doc assured me it was okay that he's HUGE, since "at least he isn't just a lump; he has some good muscle tone."

Weight: 16 lbs, 6 oz
Length: 26 inches

Yes, he's a big boy.

If you dangle something in front of him, he'll reach out and grab it and bring it to his chest to hug.
After he's through hugging, he'll bring it to his mouth for a good gnawing.
He will often "talk" to this teddy he got for Easter from his Grandma. It's adorable. He also loves to chew on his hands.
He has gotten very drool-y in the last few weeks, and I've had to keep a rag on hand at all times to wipe it all up.
Despite the improvements with his happiness when laying on his tummy, he has yet to show any interest in rolling over. We are hoping to report soon on that mastered feat.

10 comments:

Ammieloris said...

He is adorable. He sounds like quite the little smarty!

Heather said...

He is a cute boy! Brennan is 26.5 inches at 6 months - his parents are as tall as Collin's though. :)

Heather said...

ha ha - I meant to write - "AREN'T as tall" whoops.

Carrie Wood said...

Those are such great pictures. I think it's great to have a big boy! Better big than small and frail or whimpy, right?

Sheena said...

He doesn't look fat and definitely doesn't look like a "lump". Just cute.

Megan Allred said...

I love the hugs he gives his teddy... how sweet! Grady is 19 months and only 19 lbs! I wish he would gain some weight, my doctors keeps making me bring him in for weight checks. All his cousins are going to be bigger than him! I'm glad you guys are doing so well and I can't wait to meet little colin some day soon hopefully!

Jennifer said...

Q-T-PIE! Love the photos! Can't wait to see him play basketball!

Katrina said...

What a cutie! Asher was very similar in size at 4 months but has since really slowed down. He was almost 17 pounds at 4 months but is still under 20 at 9 months. Once the babies start moving, they don't pack on the pounds as much.

Tasha said...

He is so cute! They just grow SOOO FAST! It is fun to watch their progress & their new development!

Nikki said...

So cute Lindsey! You must be having so much fun!