Monday, August 10, 2009

Trouble, with a capital T... And that rhymes with C, and that stands for COLLIN!

Q: What do all these items have in common?
A: Hours of enjoyment for... not mom. For my baby, who will pick them over a purchased "real" toy any day!

And what provides enjoyment for an almost-8-month-old?
sewing machine packaging
straws
plastic cups

cell phones

remote controls

shoes

a CD case

the computer power cord

his crib bumper

paper & cardboard

plastic bags (carefully monitored, of course)

laundry


So why do we bother to buy toys, when anything WE find interest in, he prefers over their own stuff anyway?

And yes, he does have toys of his own. I'm thinking I'll start trying to play with his toys when he takes mine. Will that fix him?

6 comments:

Amy Rose said...

He is too cute. And I really like the new banner picture, that is a new one, isn't it?

mccready's said...

That's exactly the way it goes. Jakey just had his first birthday and what does he want to play with? My old cd player and the remote control. Next time you buy a toy for him you should just give him the box and save the toy for later!

Kendall and Melissa said...

Our new favorite "toy" is a big stack of yogurt cups (washed of course) that the kids can stack up and Sadie yells "Ta-da" and Avri makes them into shapes and pictures and I get in big trouble if I try to take them away. Who knew that the best toy in the house would come from the grocery store?

The Maughan-sters said...

You stole my idea!!!! Hahhaa j/k I read your comment on my blog. Although your post is much cuter and a great idea! lol I totally agree with you though. It's a wonder why we buy them anything!!!!

Moms Are Contagious said...

The picture with the cell phone cracks me up because Elizabeth already grabs for mine everytime...that was actually the first "thing" she ever grabbed for...so much for the fun toys

Erynn Marie said...

That's really funny Lindsey. I took Carson to DI a couple weeks ago to find a toy for him to play with while we're travelling. After spending about 5 minutes in the toy aisle trying to get him to be interested in one toy after another, I took him to the electronics section. Cell phones, remote controls, buttons galore! Even the toy phones don't have the same appeal!