I know what you're thinking. "Uh, Ryan...Lindsey's Birthday is TOMORROW." Don't worry, I didn't forget, I wanted to get this posted a day early because I have a request to make, and I wanted to give all of our readers out there a day to think about it.
So I was thinking that it would be really cool for Lindsey to hear from all of her family and friends on her birthday about why we love her so much (you know..to corroborate what I'm always telling her). I'm going to start off with a few thoughts, and my hope is that you all can reply with your thoughts, memories, stories, whatever. Please don't let me down.
What I love about Lindsey is her face. I know..LAME, generic answer, but trust me, I've thought this through. First of all, Lindsey has a very natural look. She doesn't wear (or need) much makeup, yet she is always simply radiant. Some of my favorite memories are of picnics and walks through the neighborhood, looking over at Lindsey, her auburn hair ablaze in the sunlight-dancing gently in the breeze, with a hint of color on her cheeks, kissed by the sun. Truly angelic.
Now, the real reason that I wanted to write the post, however, is not to tell you about another pretty face. The real thing that I love about Lindsey's is her expressiveness. Lindsey has a real knockout smile that beams from cheek to cheek when she's really happy; couple this with a pair of the widest, brightest eyes and a set of brows to match and you get a face that is capable of conveying the deepest of emotions without actually saying a word. Lindsey is one who wears her heart on her sleeve and her mood on her face, and I love her for it.
To demonstrate, I put together a little montage of some of my favorite of Lindsey’s expressions that I've managed to catch on film. I got the idea for this when I heard the song: "When You Say Nothing At All". I think that it sums up my feelings to a tee. ENJOY!
(Sorry the quality isn't that great. I had to reduce it to get the video down to a manageable size.)
14 comments:
Watching fireworks in a ghetto park, making brownies on Sundays, going to a wedding together in Illinois where we knew nobody but each other, getting caught in a massive rainstorm on the way home, camping, visiting teaching, watching Lindsey polish off a bunch of crackers right after we'd finished a big dinner of lasagna (she was pregnant and hungry!), and loving how Lindsey just has a way of saying it like it is!
Happy Birthday Lindsey!
We miss you guys!
I am always impressed with Lindsey's thoughtfulness. She remembers things I've told her and asks about them later. She really cares about others, and it shows. She is also a curious, active learner. She's fun, smart, and strong.
First of all, this is a darling and wonderful birthday post! What a great present!
I was just remembering the summer Lindsey and I lived together. That was a lot of fun. The thing I probably remember most is going to my first and second and I think third rodeos with her and Kim. Plus, I remember hearing about you for the first time too. :-)
Happy Birthday, Lindsey!
Some of my favorite memories of Lindsey are the following: our Provo cohort, getting through student teaching first graders together, helping each other set up our classrooms, Lindsey coming over the first day I was home alone with my brand new baby.
We also have good memories of hanging with both of you guys such as the Fourth of July firework show, going to Doc's Pizza Buffet and going to see Christmas lights.
Happy Birthday Lindsey!
Ryan! You seriously ROCK. I love the slide show!!! And YES-- Lindsey is Totally BEAUTIFUL. I remember being new at church the same Sunday you guys were new. I saw Lindsey and thought she was way too cute and nicely dressed to be my friend. Plus, her hair looked perfect. :) Then I started talking to her and found out we were both looking for teaching jobs. And I liked her... and there you go! I have such fond Pre-baby memories with her. More recently, I will never forget- nor will I ever laugh as hard as I did during any fireworks display. Lindsey was a great date that night. :) Chicago was great. Mostly, I just miss having you guys in the same town.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINDSEY!!! You are loved by lots of different people (in lots of different cities). Have a good one!
Happy Birthday Lindsey!!! I haven't known you very long, but I love how friendly and easy to talk to you are! We don't have many memories together but I love that we had a chance to have a couple of book groups with just the 2 or 3 of us and get to know each other better! THanks for being a friend!
Honestly I can't think of A MEMORY that sticks out above the rest. I just have always thought that Lindsey is a GENUINE, easy to talk to girl that is so friendly and makes everyone around her feel special. She was a good friend to me from the get go and I can remember visiting u in your apartment on 400 in orem. I loved the time we had together at our BYU ward, your a sweet friend that I think of often and I'm glad we have blogs to stay connected. Hope your day was super special.... u r.
As always, I'm fashionably late to the party, but I'd like to add my 2 cents, for what they're worth:
Lindsay, you are my FAVORITE sister-in-law! ;) Since I first met you, I have been impressed by your easy-going, friendly personality. Even before I knew ou well, I knew you'd be a great match for Ryan--when he is quiet, you are able to draw him out.
You also are a fantastic mother. I was a little afraid that spending time around my kids would have turned you off to the idea of motherhood forever, but I'm glad to see that isn't the case! Collin is lucky to have a mama that cares for him so well.
Happy Birthday, I'm so glad to have you in our family!
ps--Happy Birthday (again) to you too Ryan! Great post!
I have always liked how lindsay tells like it is. She is a real raw conversationalist! When I ask her something, I always feel like I'm getting a real honest answer which, I feel, Is rare. I also admire her commitment to the gospel. She is a great example to me. Most of all, I admire how she clearly makes my big brother so happy!
Happy Birthday Linds
Love you
Megan
Sorry I'm late Lindsey!!! It doesn't mean that I love you any less. I hope you had a great birthday.
I have always enjoyed how down to earth you are. You don't beat around the bush about things, and you tell the honest truth. We need more people out there like you.
I think we may be the only two in Madison 1st ward that had husbands bold enough to announce our pregnancies over the pulpit (much to our shock).
Hanging out with you at your new house and making those chocolate eyeball things for the Ohio game was a good time.
Wish we lived in the same neighborhood still.
I too am late. Sorry! I love the slide show and what an awesome husband for putting that together. It was fun to read everyone's comments.
Lindsey you are a great friend. I miss you in Madison!! Jeopardy was fun to see live with you and Ryan. You were the first person in Madison who knew I was expecting because of that night. Playing games was always a bunch of fun, as you taught us knew games. Visiting Teaching you our first year in Madison was great as our conversations wondered and we really got to know each other. I'm so sad Ryan's program was only 2 years and you aren't still here :( But I'm so happy that you have a wonderful husband and beautiful little boy and a home! Thanks for letting us visit and hopefully we'll come again soon :)
Some of my fondest memories from teaching are with you, Lindsey. In fact, a couple days ago I was going through my hundreds of books and found the poetry book your 6th graders compiled while we were reading buddies. It was so comforting to have a friend to chat with about "baby stuff" that year when so much was in the air for Keith and I and I always looked forward to our chats. Happy belated birthday!
Um.. just saw this post. We are lame.
So, my thoughts:
1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww... what a sweet hubby! HIgh five, Ryan.
2. I agree, Lindsey has a gorgeous face. I was all mesmerized looking at these pictures. Stunning.
Lindsey, you are great and we need to talk more. Happy way late birthday.
Lindsey,
I just refound your blog. Happy Birthday! What an awesome husband to put together such a sweet video. You're gorgeous! I'll say ditto to lots of the comments above. You are awesome and genuine. It's nice to know that some people you will still know forever. Your little boy is beautiful.
One of my favorite memories of your family will always be 'waking you up' between 8:30 and 9:00pm on Christmas Eve to deliver cookies! Everyone was already in bed! You know you can call us anytime! Keep making those buckeyes!
Lots of Love
Katie
Post a Comment