Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Gorgeous Dining Room, soon-to-be Den

Here's a look at our new dining room.
It is currently furniture-less, but the plan is to decorate it as a den - we're thinking "law office."This view is from the master bedroom looking in. I love seeing this each morning when I wake up. Definitely worth the work! Here's one of the pillars that caused me to want this house. It looks right at home with our new casings, mouldings and wainscoting.
Here's you can see the tray ceiling. We painted the ceiling pure white, and then placed the crown at the bottom. You can also see where Ryan scraped and sanded for a smooth effect between crowns. It certainly makes the room seem taller. I wish the photo showed all the definition of real-life.


Here's a zoomed-out view which includes the new chandelier we purchased today. I love the wood flooring's contrast to the cream wainscoting. We decided pretty last minute to put casings around all the doorways, and I am so glad we did. Beautiful.
And this picture gives probably the best zoomed out overall view. You can see the two-piece crown, tray ceiling, wainscoting, and wood floor. I love the can-lights shining on the cranberry paint.
Isn't it simply gorgeous?!

11 comments:

Bethany said...

Simply gorgeous!

Amy Rose said...

Goodness, it looks fabulous!! I can't wait to see it sometime. Good job Ryan!

Keith and Nicci said...

I love it too!!! You guys can come work on our house for us now!!

Melissa said...

It is beautiful! I love it! Good job guys!

Heather said...

Man, I don't remember where your dining room was!! I guess I need to come and visit more often. I remember the hall way with the bedrooms and hte kitchen and main front room, but I don't remember the dining room :(. Anyhow, it looks GREAT! I love the pillars and the red!!! Nice!

Charity said...

This is beautiful. Nice work.

DeCaires Family said...

Good job! Looks like tons of work. It is when you make your house into your home by doing these projects....that will make it hard to ever leave it!

Anna said...

Beautiful! It looks like it was worth the dust.

H.Cook said...

Wow, nice work, you two! You are both so hard-working. I loved your post about motherhood too.

Carrie Wood said...

Oh wow. I had no idea you were doing all this! It is beautiful. It really is. I am amazed and I am really glad you are happy with it!

Rachael said...

this is breathtaking. I think you should post a how-to!!