Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What I've Been Up To... The Spin

My mom and brother are into public relations, and I've learned that even the worst situations can be retold "with a spin." Here's yesterday's post with a new, fresh outlook.

Dining Room

I am getting a new dining room! It is going to look BEAUTIFUL, and I can't wait. We've been dreaming of this remodel since before we even made the offer on the house, and now here we are in the midst of it. We even got the first coat of paint on the top half of the walls today, and I just love it! An added bonus is that Ryan's parents are coming to visit us next week in order to teach us how to cut and lay hardwood, cut and attach crown moulding, and cut and hang wainscoting. I can't wait to see them, especially since it was such an unexpected visit.

Colds

Collin is building immunities at a rapid pace for the many germs that surround him. Soon there won't be a cold germ out there that he can't fight off!

Diaper Changes

Last night Collin was grunting and making funny faces while in the bath. I picked him up and planted him on the toilet. Nothing happened, but I know that one day Collin will no longer wear diapers. Thank goodness.

Milk

I am grateful for the chance I have to sit with my baby four times a day and hold him in my arms. It is probably the only time he actually sits still during the day! I love the big smile he gets when I sit in my chair and put the boppy around my waist. He crawls up to me and puts his arms up for me to pick him up. I love this time we get to spend together, just the two of us. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's the truth. And even though it's hard to believe, I know it won't last forever, so I'm going to savor this time while it lasts.

Seminary

I am so grateful for the opportunity to teach each day. I miss having my own classroom and my own students so much, and I think that seminary has given me that outlet each day without having to put Collin in daycare. I have the best of both worlds: getting to be my son's mom full-time and getting to teach students in a classroom setting daily. I am grateful for this calling at this time of adjustment in my life.

And there you have it. Life can either be lemons or lemonade; it is my choice!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Lindsey this was great! I need to look at situations in my life more like this :)

Bethany said...

Good for you. I was impressed with the positive twists you put on some of those things.

Davis and Laura said...

Cute. I have to agree with you on the milk thing. I love that part of my day too.

Erynn Marie said...

Love your blog. Love the spin. I actually read them backwards, (good one first) and am glad I did. Thanks for the reminder to be positive!

Lachelle said...

Thanks for the spin. I had read the first post yesterday... and it really makes a difference to change those lemons into lemonade! I needed the reminder. It's so easy for me to miss the positive that's right there in front of me.

Rachel said...

HA HA HA! About the colds thing.....

Christian is also busy building up his immunities. I just wish he would not decide to tackle several illnesses at once.

Amy Rose said...

What a great post, Lindsey. Was it therapeutic? :)

LuCi said...

So funny, great job. Have fun with all of the adventures!

Kendall and Melissa said...

What a great post! This is a really great idea! And I bet you feel better, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kendall and Melissa said...

Oh, and by the way, you look absolutely GORGEOUS in your picture at the top. Just wanted to tell you that. I love it.

Melissa said...

Somehow, I missed this post. Tonight was the first time I've read it. I loved the "spin" you put on things and was impressed you were able to find a way to write about Collin's cold in a positive way.