Tuesday, June 22, 2010

18-month-old Collin

Weight: 24 lbs 6 oz (30%)
Height: 33" (71%)
Head Circumference: 47 cm (28%)

Collin won't let me take his picture anymore. He always comes racing at me to take the camera away. So here are two that I managed to get that I think show quite a bit of his personality.

1 - Collin loves to get dressed up, especially when Daddy puts gel in his hair. He gets tons of compliments at Church, the store, the doctor's office, and story times about his blond hair and blue eyes. His hair gets all curly now in the humidity, and it is hard for me not to constantly kiss those little, pink cheeks.
He also loves his sippies. His drink of choice is definitely orange juice, but he loves his whole milk and apple juice too. If he can get a hold of more than one, all the more joy!

2 - I took this picture at my parents' house. We'd had homemade fried chicken for dinner, and Collin was obsessed with gnawing the bone to death. Despite his skinniness, he is quite the little eater, and he has to have what we are having. No more specially-catered meals for him!And even though I know it is bad, I can't help but laugh when he puts his feet on the table. I always tell him no and take them down, but he seems to think he's a monkey: if he is barefoot, he uses his feet to hold his cup, grip his cars and trains, catch a ball, etc. I'm hoping I have a little soccer player on my hands. Oh, and when he's done eating, he always wants to help wipe the table and his hands... and his feet. Buddy, you toes aren't for eating!

And unfortunately, that is exactly how many cute pictures I have of my toddler this past month. Silly, rowdy boy.

3 comments:

Amy Rose said...

He is so so handsome! Love his little suit, and LOVE his foot on the table gnawing his chicken bone. He's livin' the dream, that's for sure.

Melissa said...

So for some reason my update thing hasn't shown an update on your blog for a few months, so I had fun catching up on all your recent posts.

Collin is so cute and is getting so big! He looks like a toddler now instead of a baby. I love the picture of him all dressed up.

Congrats on the van. We bought our 2001 Honda Odyssey three years ago and I still can't believe sometimes that I am a stay at home mom, living in the suberbs, driving in mini van! I wouldn't change anything though.

How did your run go? I'm glad you've discovered running. Don't worry about being fast, just enjoy it! I can't wait until I can start again (I haven't felt up to it this pregnancy).

I know you are always super busy when you are in Washington, but we would love to see you guys if you had the chance.

Rachel said...

I laughed about the feet on the table thing. Christian does that too when we hold him up to a table. It's funny.