Doesn't he look all ready to head to school? One hand in his pocket and the other on the lunch box. Sweet.
Last Sunday he wanted Ryan to pull a chair over to the counter for him to see, like he does when I cook. He said, "I want watch Dada cut apples." Yeah, I'd call that one good sentence. He starts lots of sentences with "I want," "I like," "I watch," etc. It is so nice for him to actually be able to tell me what he wants instead of whining (though we do still get a lot of that) or grunting (a little bit of that sneaks its way in when he's tired too). Everywhere we go complete strangers comment on how chatty he is. My favorite was the saleslady at the JC Penney in Seattle, "Wow, he talks a lot. Does he say anything?" So I guess his pronounciation could use some work, but I understand most everything.
He loves all forms of transportation (hence his room decor): trains, cars, trucks, buses, bulldozers, diggers, "dump cars," etc.
He also likes anything his mom or dad has - mechanic/woodworking tools and kitchen gadgets.
We had a little get-together at our house on Saturday night. He was sooo excited.
(Pardon the sideways video; I don't know how to flip it.) After Ryan relit them twice during the song, the other kids were so cute to help him out, "NOW you blow out the candles."
I think the opening of presents was good practice for Saturday.
Happy Birthday, Big Boy! We love you.
2 comments:
How cute! Happy Bday Collin! Last year at Christmas, Ben was still opening presents throughout the week after Christmas. He opened a couple of presents Christmas Day but then wanted to play with them. So Danny was like well he can open the rest later. So it was pretty funny. :) Hope you guys have a great Christmas!
You guys are such great parents to him. And you'll be great to this next one, too. That wall collage looks awesome! And one he can grow up with, too. I can't believe you only have 22 days to go!! Yippee! I can't way to hear all about the awesome birth and see this new little one. I hope you're well. xoxo
Post a Comment