Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Brennan - 3 months



How have I had two children for three months already? I hope this is normal, but...
- I never take pictures of him.
- I never write in his baby book.
- And I hardly hold or play with him!
Ryan joked the other day that we would blink and our little Brennan would be turning 18. I'm starting to think he isn't that far off.

Yes, he is gigantic. I guess I just have big babies.

A few things about him... He loves to smile. He loves it when I pay attention to him - probably because it is so rare. He loves to babble too - which I had forgotten how adorable that is. Until last week, he was the happiest, easiest baby on the planet. He didn't like to be held; he didn't like to be messed with at all! It was nice to be able to feed and diaper him and basically forget I was the mother of two until one or both of those things needed to be done again. All was blissful until last week... So, Collin had a habit that he SCREAMED (not just cried) himself to sleep. It started at birth and kind of ended at 18 months - But it happened at naptime yesterday, so it isn't really over. Anyway, it was/is just awful.

Unfortunately, Brennan adopted this method last week too. He SCREAMS when he is tired, instead of just closing his eyes and going to sleep (which to me seems like what a normal baby should do). In WalMart today they literally opened a new lane so I could check out. No one was interested in us sticking around!

Oh, so I had forgotten how much I HATE when other moms tell you what is wrong with your child. Here's my favorite from today - "He's hungry because when he saw you he stopped crying, and then when you just gave him the binky he started crying again." Are you kidding me? Is that really evidence of HUNGER!? Who are you to tell me he's hungry, since you have no idea he ate 30 minutes ago?!

Alright, Brennan is really a wonderful baby, except for the very recent screaming stuff. He has learned to make bubbles and let them drip all down his chin. He loves to play with his hands and chew on them. He loves to play with his tongue too. He also loves to chew on his binky (which is frustrating when all you want him to do is suck on it to fall asleep!). He recently has struggled to take a bottle, which is hard since I helped to teach Seminary this week and wasn't home when he woke up. Fingers crossed it was just an I'm-tired-it's-early-morning rebellion thing. The best - at least to me! - thing about Brennan is that since his 2-month birthday he has been sleeping for 9-10 hours straight each night. He isn't a binky-addict like Collin was, so we don't even have to get up to re-bink him! For the last week he has been sleeping from 8pm-6am. Yeah, I'm spoiled. It's wonderful.

Here's to being the mom of two and to wishful thinking of a quieter home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last picture is SOOO cute.

The time flies so fast, doesn't it?

Bethany said...

What a handsome little chunk! I'm sorry about the screaming, but I'm so happy that you're getting so much sleep!!!!!!

paulandjenthatcher said...

Just thinking about you guys yesterday, and wondering how life is for you. I ran into Cody and Allie Cirac on temple square and it brought back great memories of our days in Bishop Bartholomew's ward. You were such great friends to us. It sounds fun to catch up some time. Thanks for keeping the blog so we can stay updated on your lives! Paul