Top Ten Quirks of Brennan
10 - He doesn't like to be an only child (ie awake when Collin is napping). I'd say the only time I ever see him fussy is when Collin is missing.
9 - No matter how much he eats before bed, he'll still be hungry before 6am. Anyone want to join me at 4:30am?
8 - No matter how full he is, he will continue to eat fruit (bananas, strawberries, applesauce, kiwi, pears) until he throws up.
7 - He bites with incredible strength if I try to nurse him less than 5 hours apart. No more convenience-nursings for me, since the painful bites are firmly etched in my mind.
6 - This little one can devour Cheerios, pretzels, Goldfish and puffs endlessly. He never fills up. You'd think only have two teeth would hold him back...
5 - He prefers to be ignored by his Mom, but he is quite offended when Daddy or Collin leave him out of the fun.
4 - "Airplane" is his favorite game. He lays on his tummy, sticks his arms straight out to the sides, and kicks his feet in the air as if swimming. It's far from the best method for movement. He does finally sit well on his bum (10 minutes or so before tipping), but he gets around best by rolling and pivoting. He sometimes chooses to scoot across the floor on his forehead (looks like carpet-burn-central to me). Bottom line: He's quite a long ways for having the strength to lift his heft up to crawl.
3 - No matter how hard you try, he still wants to be swaddled before bed - even though his first goal before falling asleep is to wriggle out of the swaddler. Guess we'll be teaching his wife that trick.
2 - No matter how tired he gets, he doesn't cry, fuss... or fall asleep. He just gets smilier and gigglier. He rolls his ankles and wrists incessantly, and ever more intently the more tired he gets. But sleep? Only swaddled in his crib.
And the most bizarre thing about my 8-month old boy...
1 - Don't even try to feed him homemade baby food.. unless you plan on spooning into a store-bought jar first. Picky, picky.





5 comments:
Don't worry-- I'm joining you at 4:30 am. =)
I seriously laughed out loud about teaching his wife the swaddling trick. What a cutie!
He sure is getting big. It's fun to see what other kids are doing.
Trevor used to have to be swaddled until he was 4 months old. His doctor thought it was kind of strange being so old - ha ha. I had to stop swaddling him because we don't have AC and it was deathly hot in our house this summer. He now sleeps great on his own. He does wake up in the night though. He went a week without waking up though (it was heaven) but then he decided he can't do it anymore. We let him cry for an hour each night before I went in to nurse him. Weird, perhaps he's growing again?? I miss those nights of no interruption though. My Brennan was 9 months before I finally stopped nursing him in the night.
I LOVE YOUR BOY! Great post. And my, what beautiful photographs against that blue carpet. You must be such a gifted photographer... :) I'll never forget our little Cheerio session. That kid made me laugh so hard.
pffft. i swaddled Julian until he was well over a year. Man these are cute kids. I know i keep saying it but it's just true. I love that Collin has a little bit of Ryan but is mostly you and Brennan has a little bit of you but is mostly Ryan. yay. :)
I love how they come with so much personality and it just keeps coming out as they grow. So fun to discover the spirit inside that little body!
Post a Comment