Sunday, January 8, 2012

Collin's a Sunbeam!

To say I fretted a bit about Collin's first day in Primary would be an under-statement. Mostly I worried he was too young to sit for so long, but I also worried because he is such a "don't-mess-with-my-routine" guy, and I was afraid he'd freak.

But guess who didn't bat an eye and did absolutely wonderful when I dropped him off in the Primary room instead of the Nursery?
And yes, I did okay too. No tears from either of us.
And since I serve in senior primary, I even saw him in the hall with his class during "switch time." Somehow, I resisted the urge to run over and give him a big hug and kiss, and I just waved and said hi from a far. 
Go me. I guess I'm growing up too.

4 comments:

Heather said...

He sure looks pretty sharp in that suit!

I used to teach Sunbeams until January. They moved me up a class so I wouldn't be teaching Brennan's class. He did pretty good. Expect for the few times he turned around and said, "I want something in your bag" (meaning a snack/treat). He wasn't too happy when I ignored him and then said no. Now I don't bring my bag with me into the primary room.

Jennifer said...

Ha! Did you read my post? I'm a baby, I guess. Collin does look super sharp in that suit. Love it! Yes, isn't it amazing how they're totally reverent when we don't think they will be? Funny how they're always more ready than we think they are.

Amy Rose said...

It also hadn't occurred to me that he and Hallie would have been in the same Primary class! Our ward didn't have a Primary meet on New Years day, because our Primary is tiny and pretty much the whole teacher/leadership was on vacation, so Hallie's first Sunday in Primary was just this past Sunday, and she was already four. I thought it was kind of funny that her first time in Sunbeams she was four. They said she did great too, and I loved how cute she looked sitting in the chair waiting for her teacher to come in. I wish she and Collin could be in the same class.

)en said...

OMG-- he's a giant. I can't believe he's a Sunbeam! geesh louishe.