The boys were blessed to participate in three egg hunts this year.
One
The first was during playgroup the Friday before General Conference. I forgot to take the camera outside, but the weather was beautiful.
Each mom brought six "filled" eggs for each child goin' huntin'. Then one other mom and I went outside and hid them while the kids decorated bunny bags. Then the kids were set loose to find six eggs. After they found their allotment, they helped the little ones get the rest of theirs.
Brennan also had no idea there would be candy inside. Imagine his happiness when we went back inside to eat. This kid loves his sweets.
Two
The day after General Conference, Collin and I dyed eggs in the afternoon. That evening, Ryan read an Easter story from the Friend, while I went out in the backyard to hide the dozen. Once again, they were to each only find six.
Brennan has a hard time walking in our lumpy backyard, so this hunt was frustrating for him. The handle on his basket was too long too. Bad mom.
He looks pretty happy in this pic though.
Collin found his six quickly...
... but was super disappointed that this egg hunt yielded no candy. He was also thoroughly disgusted by hard-boiled egg for our FHE snack. (Ryan let him have some candy from the playgroup hunt to console him.)
Three
Our last hunt as in a friend's backyard the day before Easter. She'd filled hundreds of eggs, and the daddies hid them everywhere.
By our third hunt, Brennan was a pro. He grabbed his basket and went to town! He found eggs for a good 30 minutes.
Slow and steady wins the race. Look at this turtle's take!
Collin, on the other hand, got the "maximum of six eggs" rule so solidified in his brain that he quit just as he got started.
He sat down and started eating the chocolate. This hare definitely lost.
And the Real Thing
And then the Easter Bunny came. We had Stake Conference Easter Sunday, so I didn't do the cute matching clothes or bunny ears photo, but Ryan did manage to get Collin's training wheels on while I was at the adult session Saturday night.
Collin got a new helmet too, and Brennan officially inherited all of Collin's old biking gear. The picture sucks, but you get the idea.
Now we just need a decent day to get out and ride!
1 comment:
where did you find Collin's helmet? I am trying to find one for Hallie, but I am struggling to find one small enough.
Post a Comment