Monday, April 16, 2012

I Work Where Ann Romney Works

Dear World,

Life is all about the people you love.
I work all day, every day.

I work nights and weekends... every night and every weekend.

I will never retire.

I don't get raises.

I don't get sick days or vacation.

I don't get annual bonuses.

I am a psychiatrist, taxi driver, cook, maid, ringmaster, babysitter, seamstress, teacher, and nurse... and I don't get paid a dime.

We are each entitled to our choices, and this has been mine.

And I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Love,
The Greatest Threat to Feminism (aka A Stay-at-Home Mom)

PS: Do I think I'm better than a working mom, a single mom, or any other kind of mom? Of course not, but I'm not lesser either.

2 comments:

Amy Rose said...

I love this.

Also, we went to church in Madison Wisconsin on Sunday, and I thought of you.

ItIsTrish88 said...

I'm a feminist, and you might be pleased to know that most modern feminists fight for a woman's right to do whatever she wants (staying at home, working, doing both) and being respected for her choice. I think being a parent 100% of the time sounds like the hardest job in the world, and you deserve a parade or something every week. :)

Sorry to nitpick, but not all feminists are anti-motherhood!