Monday, September 10, 2012

Scabs out Back

We had a Joliet Reunion Party last weekend for all the guys Ryan befriended while gone and for their families. It made me wish once again that we had known each other while they were gone. Instead, we all suffered silently in incredibly similar struggles. Many women were home alone with their children too. All of us struggled with animal problems (did I ever blog about THAT!?), lawn care and loneliness.

Anyway, we hosted a bonfire with smores and lemonade.

The highlight of the evening was when our scabs burned their favorite (or more accurately their LEAST favorite) tshirt.
Background: While they were gone, the guys had a contest each evening for the best tshirt. Ryan spent a good amount of his free time at Goodwill purchasing shirts with ridiculous slogans...
1 - Drama Queen (with a random high school listed on the front)
2 - A Mustache means Business
3 - I'm Big in Europe
4 - Oscar the Grouch
5 - And the one that was burned (which I have deemed inappropriate for my blog readership)
If you look close, you can read the "inappropriate" shirt.

We had a good turn out and a good time. Welcome home to all you Peoria Scabs.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Fun! I am so glad he's home!

Amy Rose said...

That's so neat that you had a party for everyone! I'm so glad that ordeal is over... and I hope you get some breathing time before the next one hits! You gotta love life, right?