An update on our family seems an order...
Time Out for Mom!
I went away for the weekend and it was awesome and I only took one picture to prove it. Ha. This one is of our carload.
We went to St Louis Friday morning and got back late on Saturday night. We went to the art museum and the St Charles boutique shops. We attended the program on Friday night and all day Saturday. We stayed up late in the hotel and got up early to work out. Good times.
Fortunately, despite my ineptness at photos, this one is on Facebook. It shows our whole group, sixteen in all. Like the buttons? The girl who got our group together and helped organize everything made them for us. They said "Peoria IL loves Time Out For Women." It was fun to be so unified. Hope I can do it again sometime. It was awesome.
Trains & Parades
Ever since the pumpkin festival, the boys have been obsessed with parades. Good ol Dad made this beauty one morning for the boys to play with. He strapped them together with a string.
Brennan is at the perfect age to obsess over anything he can say really well. (Keep reading for more about his tractor obsession.) He loves to say "choo choo," and it really is about the most adorable thing I've ever heard. He has so much enthusiasm when he says it. Cutest ever.
We cross a set of railroad tracks on the way to church, and he proudly announced "choo choo" as we crossed last week. How did he know!?
I love this age when the language explosion takes place. Brennan says about three new words per day, I estimate. Tonight he said plate for the first time. It is so exciting, and Collin cheers for him too. So fun.
Outside in the Fall
We've been enjoying the beautiful weather too. I feel like every day could be the last, so we've been outside constantly. I hate knowing it's going to end...
Anyway, I shot this beauty one afternoon in our sandbox. We had two families over rather impromptu. Each of us has a child born in 2008 and another born in 2010 (Brennan is only barely in 2011...).
And as long as I'm talking about impromptu play dates - We have the best neighborhood ever. There are so many kids the same age as mine, and so many stay-at-home moms too. I love going for walks and playing outside and having so many kids around for mine to play with. The other moms are super great too. We've made so many good friends. It is a great place to live.
Normal Children's Museum
We made our fall trek to the Children's Museum closest to us too (about 45 minutes away) last Friday.
As usual, I couldn't pull them away from the water table.
Brennan also LOVES to say the word tractor. Here he is driving one.
He also got super obsessed with this one.
I mean, really - He walked around with it for about 20 minutes.
He wouldn't share it with other kids; he was quite possessive.
The whole time he was chanting, "tata, tata." Adorable. Luckily, his hunger button went off, and a friend coaxed him over to the tables to eat. I don't know how I would have gotten him to put it down otherwise...
Speaking of "hunger buttons," this little one can pack it away. He eats and eats and eats. This picture doesn't really fit here, but Ryan captured it one morning at breakfast.
What do you think of our Cheerio monster? I'm thinking it would make a great Halloween costume, lol.
Here's my eating machine at his next favorite thing: art work. He is the best color-er there every was, and let me tell you: He can paint too. Pardon the blurry picture, but he was going to town. My own little Picasso. Look at that smile.
Ryan & Lindsey's Bday
We also celebrated our birthdays - 31 years. Yikes. We did our usual bonfire with friends, cheesecake yumminess to share, out to dinner together sans kids, and another dinner with children. Somehow I have zero picture documentation of all the events. Oops. Must be my 31-year-old brain getting worn out...
Christ Apple Orchard
The morning of Ryan's bday, we headed to the apple orchard. Our usual orchard outlawed apple picking this year (shame on you, Tanner's), so we found this new gem.
Oh my goodness - such a wonderful place with WAY less commercialism. We plan on making it our new usual.
We had a great time picking a peck of apples. Look at this gargantuan one in Collin's hands.
We also picked three pumpkins out of the patch and got some of the best cider I've ever tasted. I love the Midwest.
Basement, Basement, Basement
We have ordered and paid for our carpet (the last step except doors and moldings). Yippee!
The wood floor and kitchenette are also installed. We also got the surround sound in (listened to Pandora on the receiver this morning!) and the exercise room tv is mounted too. We are so close. Can't wait for carpet!!
And there's our update. Hope you are each enjoying Fall too!

2 comments:
The basement looks great! Devin has started putting up the frames for our walls too. It is really fun to watch the skeleton of our basement go up!
And I am excited and happy for you about everything else you said, too. I mean, it really is such a fun stage when they start picking up on language. I love those first words. Sometimes I get sad my kids don't talk that way, and then I remember how nice it is to understand everything they say, and have "real" conversations. Still, I reminisce about when Hallie called her shoes "ooshes" and pizza "pazzi". I miss when she called macaroni and cheese "moni and cheese" and then she graduated to "mac-a-moni" and got so mad at me when I'd forget the "mac" part. Sometimes she laughs at Hanna when Hanna says words wrong, and then I remind her of the words she used to say wrong, and she looks at me so funny, like maybe I'm making it all up.
And that concludes the longest comment I've ever written.
Your kids are so stinking cute. I love the midwest too (it's a pain finding u-pick apple orchards around here). And your basement is looking AWESOME! Wow- what a difference!! I can't WAIT to see it all done and furnished- please take lots of pictures! You guys are incredible diy-ers. And happy birthday. I left a nice message for ya- though I forgot the exact dates, I think of you and Ryan every time Fall Conference rolls around. xoxox, Jenn
Post a Comment