Monday, November 12, 2012

Our "New" House

A photo essay of our "new" house...
 
Disclaimers: I didn't do any special cleaning. The boys love to be in pictures. All basement pics are missing the baseboards and other things, as noted. Upstairs pics are just to admire the carpet. :-) And as I look through the pics, I think we need a new camera. Everything looks better in person, I swear.

MASTER BEDROOM



NURSERY (BEDROOM #2)

 
BOY ROOM (BEDROOM #3)


GUEST ROOM (BEDROOM #4)
August
August
No furniture to speak of yet, but at least there's a bed with blankets and pillows.
Today
LIVING ROOM


FAMILY ROOM (PLAY ROOM)
August
August
September
 Ha ha. Look at this mess. At least they love it, and I don't have to look at it!
Today
FAMILY ROOM (THEATER)
August
August
 Need some wall decor and throw pillows. Also need baseboards and some "prettying" of the electronics in the corner.

EXERCISE ROOM
August
August
 Still need to raise the tv a few inches and put in the baseboard, but everything works great!
Today
BASEMENT OFFICE (CRAFT ROOM)
August
Still needs some more work organizing, but I couldn't be happier!
Today
KITCHENETTE
August
Countertop and cabinet are not officially mounted yet, and obviously it's totally cluttered with tools too. There's a microwave inside the cabinet we'll put on top when we're really done with construction. We plan to stain the post black. There will be a gap at the end of the cabinet for a fridge... some day.
Today
Oh you can also see we still have to paint the french doors into the office/exercise space, which is why it's open in this pic.
 
And that concludes the tour of our home. We are so happy. There's still lots of finishing (like filling all the nail holes in the mouldings, sigh) but at least it's all usable space now. Hooray for doubling our house size!

7 comments:

Popi and CeCe said...

Fabulous work! You have done an amazing job. You and Jacy can go into the home re-do business now...if you only lived closer...and maybe, didn't have so much to do! Way to go!
Cheryl

Bethany said...

It looks great. And I can't believe that you didn't do any cleaning up. Your house looks wonderful! This is me being super jealous!!!

Heather said...

It looks amazing! So nice to have all that space in the basement. Your house doubled in size with awesome usable finished space! You guys are great workers. I'm noticing how beautifully decorated your home is. Man, I have a lot to aspire to.

Melissa said...

Wow! I love it!

Carrie Wood said...

Awesome! Wish we were there to invite ourselves over to play!

)en said...

wow, congratulations on your new house! :)

brooke field said...

hey! found your blog through avalon's. the remodel looks great!