So here are some pictures of what we've been up to.
COMMUNITY HELPERS PARADE
To end their unit on community helpers, Collin's school had a parade. Brennan was so excited to actually get to come inside (they have a pull-up lane for pickup and drop-off, and he's not allowed to come when I volunteer). Collin looked adorable, and Brennan was so proud of him.
He had a real hard hat too, but he said it was too heavy for his neck. ;-) Thanks, Jacqie, for the clothing loan!
SNOW... FINALLY!
Our last decent snowfall, until March, was January 2011 - When Brennan was born and Ryan got snowed-in in Madison. Needless to say, my boys had no memory of snowmen, snow forts, snow tunnels or igloos.
Mother Nature pulled through for us in March though, and after several storms, we are now more than ready for spring.
WELCOME HOME, BOYS!
Every night the boys cuddle up on the couch with Ryan or me for stories. It doesn't seem like much of a thing... until they've been gone for a few days.
I snapped these ones the night they got back. We really missed them!
Brennan returned with this lovely shiner too. He can tell you the whole story, but basically he was jumping on Grandma's couch and jumped off into a pile of pillows... and then into the coffee table. My mom assures me the table was pushed far away from where there could be any danger, and I totally believe her.
My Brennan is never safe from harm's way. Silly, crazy boy. The deepest cut appears that it'll leave a scar, but he is finally all healed up. And yes, he got to tell the story to lots of people.
EASTER
We did some fun Easter activities. Collin sat with the Easter bunny at the mall,
played in the free bounce houses,
and had a great time. Brennan, on the other hand, hung for dear life to his Daddy
complaining that he was too tired to play (It wasn't nap time). Talk about a role-reversal!
We also went to our neighbor's church for their Easter egg hunt. Our Playgroup egg hunt was while the boys were still visiting my parents, and I didn't want them to miss out.
After some coaching in the car on the way there about getting as many eggs as possible and waiting to open them until later, they did a great job. ;-)
(Jake tore his rotator-cuff, hence the sling. Ouch.)
And finally, here's our obligatory Easter morning picture. I think I have the most handsome boys. Don't you agree?
Happy April, friends.
2 comments:
Even if it leaves a scar it will probably fade so much no one will ever notice it... except you. On the day of her birthday party last year Hanna split her forehead open (do you remember that post I wrote in my blog?) and she had to get six stitches to close her forehead back together. I can still see the scar, but when I mention it to people, they never know what I am talking about. And it is front and center, directly between her eyes in the smack middle of her forehead. Young skin, it must be nice to have.
Yes, I do agree. Your boys are incredibly handsome. Just like their parents. :) Thanks for posting. I didn't think it was lame. Your life is very similar to mine. Eye scars, easter bunnies, egg hunts, story time, and easter ties. I love "seeing" you guys. We miss you. Please come to Utah!! Pleeeeease! I missed my annual visit to see you this past march, and I'm needing a Williams visit.
Post a Comment