I'll start this post with some random photos that I happen to be in, seeing as it was Mother's Day and my husband just got a new camera to toy around with. Enjoy.
|
| Mother's Day 2013 |
| Baby #3 at 17 weeks |
| Keeping-my-head-barely-above-water |
And I am letting a lot of balls drop.
Bad Mom Example #1: I locked Brennan in the car at the gas station a few weeks ago. I had to use their phone to call Ryan's cell (the only number I have memorized) who had to leave work and drive home (20 minutes) to get the spare set of keys and meet us (10 more minutes). He missed more than an hour of work...
Bad Mom Example #2: When interviewed for his Mother's Day gift, Collin was asked what his mom's favorite thing to do is/was. His answer: "Lay on the couch because there's a baby in her belly." We are curious if the teacher prodded for the clarification or if he offered it first off. I bet she was all, "Yikes, we need to get DCFS out there!" Well, at least he made the clarification. Sigh.
Bad Mom Example #3: I clogged our kitchen sink twice in 3 weeks. The first time was a combination of an apple core... and then proceeding to throw up the entire apple. It resulted in 2-nights of plunging and snaking followed by an $85 visit from Roto-Rooter. Nice. The second time was a stack of lemon rinds - because I wanted the kitchen to smell good, lol - which was another evening of plunging and a more expensive snaking device. Luckily, we avoided a second visit from Mr Rooter. Needless to say, Ryan installed a new garbage disposal; it's the best residential one on the market. (This isn't so much a bad "mom" moment as much as a bad Homemaker moment, but it blurs in my little mind.)
Anyway, I think Mother's Day was created to make moms feel guilty - I'm sure of it. And those Primary songs are enough to make you want to crawl into a hole for the rest of the year! Anyway, enough whining.
On a completely different note, what's a post without something cute of the boys?
A few weeks back for Playgroup, we headed to a transportation museum here in town. Brennan loved driving all the trucks.
This is the cheesy grin I get when I say, "Smile!"
It's serious business chauffeuring Brother around though.
They have a full steam engine parked out front too. Here they are in the passenger car,
and then with their buddy standing in front (it was pouring rain).
Well, here's to my increased health and strength in the coming weeks. I also hope I get my brain back; it's tough getting on without it.
4 comments:
See I have pretty much all of those moments and no pregnancy to blame it on. The other day I pulled into a parking space, got out, and started unbuckling the girls to go into the store. I looked over at the car parked next to us and thought how weird it was that they had left their car running... and a little while later I realized it was my car that I had left running. NICE.
Adam and I once ended up with Daniel locked in the car because Carston thought it would be fun to lock and shut all the doors, only to find that Daddy had lost the keys in the bottom of the lake we had just been swimming in. After a while of panic, borrowing other people's phones, and lots of murky lake searching, we miraculously found the keys and life was good again. We all have those moments, but it doesn't make us a bad mom at all. It's just that we're all parents in training. As long as we learn from the experiences, right?
Bad mom? What the heck! So you lose your keys- it's not like you lost something really important- like your kid. And you're growing a person! A future sibling for your boys- that's reason enough to lay on the couch all day (though, even if you weren't pregnant I think moms are entitled to some days on the couch anyway). The garbage disposal stuff is really funny. Who doesn't love putting lemon rinds down the sink? It does smell great. And P.S. You look GORGEOUS in those Mother's Day photos. Wow! Pregnancy is treating you well. I also like you in the grocery list photo- you still look great for it being the end of the day. Love you, Linds. You're a great mother!
Hey, you are NOT a bad mom, but I totally get it. I think Mother's day Is a day of guilt, too, and I swear I am always even worse in the days leading up to Mother's Day, and then I feel even more guilty! On another note, I am SO excited to find out what you are having!!!
Post a Comment