Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Raining & Running

RAINING


I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again.

 

I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love.

Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face.

 

 

I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain


 Dancin' in the rain
I'm happy again!
I'm singin' and dancin' in the rain!

 
(Text courtesy of Gene Kelly)

We have been having some massive spring storms, and Brennan has been begging to splash in the puddles. Saturday we were about to leave on some errand-running when the downpour began, and we decided to let him loose. He was in kid-heaven.

His conservative brother hardly got wet, but B went to town. What cuties!

RUNNING

 
Run, running all the time
Running to the future
With you right by my side
 
 
Me, I'm the one you chose
Out of all the people
You wanted me the most

And I'm so sorry that I've fallen
Help me up, let's keep on running
Don't let me fall out of love


Running, running, as fast as we can
Do you think we'll make it?
We're running, keep holding my hand
So we don't get separated

Be, be the one I need
Be the one I trust most
Don't stop inspiring me

Sometimes it's hard to keep on running
We work so much to keep it going
Don't make me want to give up

(Text courtesy of No Doubt)
 
A local organization hosts Kid Runs every Monday night in May & June. We've been meaning to go, and we finally made it for Family Home Evening this week. They get 200 runners per week! It was nuts. Brennan ran the whole 1/4 mile like a champ. Go B! He was quite done afterwards though.

Collin was pretty whining before his age group, but he started well... Until he was tripped, nearly face-planted, and cut up both knees. Dad carried him for a bit, but by the time his Cheerleader saw him at half-way, he was smiling and running hard. He paused for a moment at each of the uphills, but for falling and skinning his knees, he was a champ. Go Coll!

I seem to be living in a family of runners. Maybe I should have gotten into cheerleading in high school...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Awesome pictures of Bren- did you take those? And for the record- Singin' in the Rain happens to be my all time favorite movie. Your kids are too cute.