Dear Mastitis,
You are far more wicked and awful than I ever could have imagined. I am grateful beyond words to have never experienced your awfulness until my third nursing baby, but rumor has it that I may see you again now. You have tortured me day and night for... oh no, has it really only been 48 hours?
Well, your stay in me is soon to end. Unfortunately for you, modern medicine will shortly eradicate you, and I'll be myself again. Four giant pills daily for ten days, and then I'll be able to eat, sleep, breathe, and cuddle with my baby again. No more fevers and chills. No more fire-filled nursings. No more gasps of pain. No more headaches and nausea.
Oh, I know you are hating my antibiotics today, but I am not. No sir. Today my antibiotics are my valentine.
Without any love,
A Tortured Mother
PS: Happy V-day everyone.
7 comments:
HaHa!! Your love, Your love, Your love is my drug!!!
Oohhhh, I hope you feel better soon!
So sad. Hope you feel better. It is absolutely AWFUL... been there, done that a few times.
Ugh! Hope you feel better soon!
Sorry Linds! I had never dealt with mastitis until Elliot and it is miserable! I don't know if I have ever felt so sick in my entire life. Hopefully you are on the mend! Antibiotics are an amazing thing...
Yuck yuck yuck. I've come close to getting the full blown infection, but always was able to catch it before I needed meds. But the couple of days I had a small infection were horrible. I AM SO SORRY you've got it! Here's to hoping it has cleared up by now!!!!
Ouch. Sending love to you and not that awful infection.
Post a Comment