Sunday, November 30, 2014

Skipping Thanksgiving aka Denver Stay-cation

We decided to forego the headache of cooking and cleaning up, and we did Thanksgiving a little differently this year.


Thursday morning we headed to the Denver Aquarium. We looked at all the awesome fish, and then paid an arm and a leg for a Thanksgiving dinner buffet. Collin was running a fever all weekend, and I forgot his Tylenol in the car, so we took off after eating. He actually did pretty well given the circumstances.

We stayed the night in a hotel suite, and then met some old Madison friends at the Nature & Science Museum Friday morning. This place is definitely worth a return visit! We only saw a few areas (Space, Rocks & Minerals, special Whale exhibit, Children's Discovery Center and Health), but it was still pretty fun. I can't wait to see the rest of this place.

It was super fun to get to see Jon & Mandie and their kids too. Gotta love all our Madison connections! We got Cafe Rio together for lunch and then parted ways.

That afternoon and evening Ryan and I alternated sessions at the Denver temple. We spent Friday night in the hotel too. Good weekend, eh?

Saturday morning we headed home to cheer our Buckeyes on to a win against "that team up north."

Now that's what I call a perfect Thanksgiving weekend. ...minus seeing all the extended family, of course... ;-(

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving to me too! Who needs all the cooking and cleaning?!? It just wears you out. My all time favorite Thanksgiving was in Door County pre-kids. Dave and I stayed in a Bed and Breakfast and we ate turkey sandwiches on top a cooler in our room. Awesome. And relaxing. Holidays should be more relaxing. Glad you got to see the Burtons, too. Miss you!