Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Brennan's 4th Birthday

Brennan's birthday was on a Tuesday this year, which was neat because he got to go to preschool. Here's the cute crown he got... and wore!!
One of his gifts was that he got to start taking soccer at the preschool in their gym each Tuesday after school. Lucky him, the first day was on his actual bday!

I forgot to take pictures, but for his birthday dinner he requested corn on the cob. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, no corn on the cob was to be had in Fort Collins, Colorado in January. He settled for fresh pineapple and strawberries with ham slices and homemade french fries. Another interesting assortment.

After dinner, he got to open presents. He received the certificate for his soccer class, but he obviously already knew about that one. He also got a Dora book with stickers (doesn't it get much better than that?).
He got FIVE (yes, five!) pads of art paper. (You wouldn't believe how much paper this boy can go through.) He was pretty excited as it all poured out of the packaging.
He also got a lap art desk. He loves it, and Collin even asked for one for himself. (The pads of paper fit in the elastic bands.)
 His favorite part was obviously the sugar... cupcakes and chocolate fudge ice cream. Yum!

Happy birthday, B! He is really growing up, and I think his tantrums may be mellowing a bit. He still struggles, but he is starting to make more and more adorable observations. I have been praying to love him as his Heavenly Father loves him, and I know that I am receiving Divine help in my relationship with him. It is a work in progress. He is stubborn to the max, but he really does have a loving, caring part of him. I like it when I get to see that side more. :-)

Happy birthday, my middle son! I love you, Big Boy!

No comments: