| My team on Valentine's Day before enjoying our chocolate fondue tradition (Ryan is behind the camera) |
First, as you noticed in the Wedding post, she really is a wonderfully easy baby. She just goes with the flow, even if it includes flying on an airplane all night or being woken up for security checks at 2 am.
CHANGES
My kids always go through a huge change at 3 months and again at 6 months, and Kate is no exception. Prior to this past week, she always slept swaddled (even in her car seat), and she nursed to sleep when napping in her crib. This week she decided she'd no longer nurse to sleep (violently pulling off when she's finished or screaming instead of latching on if she's not hungry), and she will not under any conditions remain swaddled. It's been a rough week of learning her new habits, especially since Ryan has been gone on a business trip all week and I've been flying solo.
To nurse every three hours (no closer or farther apart), eat baby food (only fruits! pears, peaches, apples, and mango) with baby cereal stirred in (super thick) three times per day (with one right in the morning and another right before bed).
![]() |
| Sucking on her toes... naked :-) |
To hold a blanket while falling asleep. There's some crying, but she insists on being awake (no rocking her to sleep or singing or cuddling), and definitely no nursing to sleep. She also will NOT be swaddled or even entertain the idea of a binky/pacifier. Sometimes I can trick her into falling asleep in a swing or in her car seat, but these are usually short cat-naps. At night, she is sleeping about 7:45 pm-6:30 am. Then she'll take about 3 naps per day, but I never know when or for how long.
| With no more swaddling, she gouged her cheek :-( |
To have the freedom to move. She loves rolling! Kate can roll again and again to get to where she wants to be. She loves her Jumperoo and the play gym with the toys hanging over her head. She no longer likes sitting in her high chair or bouncy seat or DayDreamer for any length of time. She just arches her back and tries to wiggle out. She'd rather be on the move. She loves putting her toes in her mouth, and she loves to suck on her fingers and straws. She sometimes chews on small stuffed animals too.
* * *
All in all, Kate really is so smiley and happy. She got two little teeth on the bottom at four months, and you can see them so well now when she smiles. It is adorable. She is weighing in at about 20 pounds now, so she should be able to hold her own with all these brothers soon enough. Nine-month clothes at six months is right on par with my other giant babies.
![]() |
| My two babies playing together |
Other than the sleeping-changes of this week, she really is a wonderfully easy baby. I know she'll be easy again as soon as we have a routine down again.
Love you, Kate! Slow down this growing stuff, ok? Mom's not ready for more timeouts and talking back just yet.


2 comments:
Keep the pictures coming of her! I haven't seen enough! She really is a beautiful baby, Linds, and she totally looks like a girl. Are those blue eyes I see? Same color as Collin's? It's funny how much your boys look like boys and I have a hard time picturing what a girl of yours would look like because I'm so used to your boys. And then here she is and she's totally all girl and totally gorgeous. Good job, Mom. :) I can't believe she's already six months old. That did go really fast.
Oh, and another thing: I wanna spend Valentine's Day with you guys next year.... I loooooove fondue, and your spread looks pretty delicious!
Post a Comment