On Saturday, Collin, Brennan and I all ran Ryan's company's 2-mile Turkey Trot. I started running a year ago (Nov 1, 2018), and I finally made it up to 2-miles, even though with the hills I did have to walk some. Collin was fastest, with a time of about 22 mins. Brennan and I finished together in about 23 minutes. Next year our goal is to beat our times from this year. We aren't fast, but at least we did it.
Tuesday morning I took Ethan & Brennan into the doctor for their well-checks, and we went and saw Frozen 2 in the afternoon. I was really pleased with the show, and Kate was super fun in her Elsa costume with her Anna dolly.
Wednesday we went to Six Flags in the afternoon/evening. Ryan took off a half-day. He and his parents rode a bunch of roller coasters. Ethan & Katelyn even did the Roadrunner! We rode the Christmas train, the ferris wheel a couple times, did bumper cars and some other kiddie rides. They have a bunch of Christmas concerts going on right now too, so we saw several sing/dance routines, the Looney Tunes, lighting up of the Holiday Tree, and a live nativity with camels and sheep. It was surprisingly well-done. They have "snow machines" all over the park that blow out tiny bubbles to land in your hair and jacket. I was certainly not complaining about the 55 degree temps! We had a ton of fun and grabbed donuts and hot chocolate afterwards.
Saturday we cleaned the church in the morning, cheered the Buckeyes to a win against Xichigan, purchased and picked up a new piece of furniture for the office and went to the Boerne Dickens Christmas Festival. It was a warm 82 degrees, and I even wore shorts and a tshirt (me on Nov 30!).
Sunday was Church and the final dress rehearsal for Ryan's Messiah concert. His parents were able to go and listen, which was nice for them.
Monday Ryan took off work, and after getting the boys on the bus and Kate dropped off at preschool, we headed to the Missions. We enjoyed looking around, and even got quite a great explanation from one of the volunteer park rangers. Lastly, we did the Alamo and ate lunch at the Iron Cactus on the Riverwalk. We then booked it back to preschool! It was a jam-packed fun day. Ryan even FINALLY got the trampoline set-up in the backyard while I mowed the lawn (on Dec 2nd! Think I'll ever get used to this Texas weather?).
Tuesday we cleaned up and Kate and I took Nana & Papa back to the airport. And that was our fun-filled week!
Now real life December begins - Messiah performances, Black Belt practices and pretest and test, 5th grade musical, piano recital, Ward Christmas party, Collin's birthday, our 16th anniversary and Christmas. Here we go!













No comments:
Post a Comment