It was definitely one for the record books, but they are officially back into school! Wahoo!
And they are for the first time all in school - all day, every day. I thought I'd cry and be sad a lot more - the end to being a stay at home mom to babies - but I only teared up a bit. I think the five months of "bonding time" made it a little easier to say goodbye.
 |
Collin started middle school. He's in 6th grade. He'd never set foot in the school or parking lot - I still haven't - and he also had to navigate switching classes and A-day and B-day. He has handled the first week like a champ! He is taking Gifted & Talented Math & Science, and he's thrilled to have two male teachers (English & Choir). Go Collin!
|
 |
Brennan is at the elementary school, without Collin, which is a huge step for him. He started 4th grade (DeGuzman). He struggles with comfort and itchiness, and the mask was an unhill battle most of the summer. Blessedly, he has worn it with no problems - except for some ear soreness - all week. I even just got a text from his teacher saying he was extra friendly and volunteered to take the assigned cafeteria seat next to a new boy who doesn't speak English. Go Brennan!
|
 |
Ethan started 1st grade (Veazey). He is so excited to be out of the house and with real people again, he can't contain himself. And he has come home "fresh and dry" all week, so another major celebration. Go Ethan!
|
 |
And this little 4yo started kindergarten this week! Katelyn has Mrs Lisle, Ethan's teacher from last year. She is so thrilled to ride the school bus, and she insists on getting out there extra early so she can wait at the bus stop. Today she asked if she could ride the bus and not go to school, but I said that wasn't how it worked. Fingers crossed this little princess can have the stamina to do this. Her birthday is in a couple weeks. Go Katelyn!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment