A few reasons we've had a busy week:
1- Doctors: I had two doctors appointments this week. Monday I had my third ultrasound. I know three sounds like a lot, but the doctors keep asking for them.
The first was to determine if my due date was accurate before we left Madison. They discovered a ovarian cyst, so when we got to Peoria our new doctor ordered another. Then, they couldn't see his stomach or kidneys on that one, so they ordered another, which was Monday.
I have been worried for each one, but every time he is kicking and squirming and happy as can be (with a stomach and kidneys). My cyst hasn't grown either, which is a great thing.
Anyway, the nurse caught him sucking his thumb on Monday (22 weeks, 4 days), and I just LOVE it.
So I am starting to worry about his future disposition. Ryan and I are not particularly hyper-active people. But our little monkey seems to be crazy! The nurses always comment on how active he is, and this third ultrasound is mostly a product of his inability to sit still for photos. So here's my question: Does gestational activity predict future childhood activity? All you Moms out there, what do you think? Were your little ones of a similar activity level after birth as before?
2- Another reason for our busy-ness this week was a product of my new calling. Over a week ago the Bishop met with us and found out we were expecting in December (that's right: I'm 23 weeks and not showing enough for people to just notice). Then he told us he was going to ask me to be the ward early-morning seminary teacher, but now on second-thought, he wanted to talk it over with the bishopric and pray about it some more.
Anyway, on Tuesday, he called and extended the call anyway. So, I am teaching seminary starting next week! They are going to have a team-teacher to help me after I have the baby. This mysterious person is also going to teach next week, since we'll be in Canada all week at a family reunion.
3- Another reason for a crazy week: Our trip to Canada. I am the ultimate cheap skate. I hate the fact that the airlines think they can weasel more money out of us by charging us for checking a bag. Does this seem ridiculous to anyone else? I spent several hours researching at TSA's website acceptable items for carry-on, another hour searching the fine-print of our bottles for their fluid ounce size, and then another hour at WalMart purchasing 3-oz size bottles.
I think the most annoying thing was my contact solution: a 12-oz bottle of WalMart brand solution is about $6. Their travel-size is $3, but it is 4-oz which breaks the TSA rules. So, I had to purchase the Bausch & Lomb brand "flight-ready" contact solution which cost $5. Yeah, it was almost as much to purchase 3-oz as 12-oz!
And between endless hours of Olympic-watching, editing of Ryan's thesis, driving back and forth to Madison, and practice run-throughs of his defense... Yes, it was a busy week. We can't wait for our vacation! And, in just two hours, we'll be home-free (fingers crossed)!
7 comments:
cutest ultrasound picture ever!! good luck teaching seminary!
DARLING!!! Our boy's also super active...I read somewhere that fetus' are supposed to sleep about 20 hrs a day...I sincerely doubt ours sleeps even half that much!
Hope Ryan's defense went well!!
To answer your question... Asher was very active in the womb also. Now that he is out its not that he doesn't sleep a lot-- he does, but he moves around even in his sleep. Not all the time of course, but he does move and squirm. And I would still call him a pretty mellow baby.
I am amazed at all that is going on! Wow! I can't believe you'll be an early morning seminary teacher and have your little guy! It will be a blessing though, I am sure. How exciting!
Caleb moved tons in me, and moves tons now. But, don't let it worry you. You'll have the spirit meant for your family! He'll be a perfect fit!
Holy Moly! Life's only going to get crazier too when that little munchkin comes out!!! I know, too overwhelming to even think about...so don't!!! I hope you've enjoyed your vacation and I love the ultrasound pic of the thumb-sucking. And I don't really think that babies are the same outside your tummy as they are in. Like Cassidy for instance always wanted to "play" and be active right when I was going to bed and now she sleeps all night! Anyway, so glad you found us so I can see what's going on. I just love catching up with you!!
~Chandi
PS- oh, and I wanted to tell you that I hate you for not showing yet!!!!! Yeah, I had to start wearing maternity clothes at three months, yeah 12 weeks with Madalyn - SO not fair!!! Enjoy it though because we're not all that lucky!!!!
Aww, what a magical picture.
Oh Lindsey! We are out of touch aren't we?! Congratulations, this is so exciting!! And I thought there weren't enough hours in the day for me...I don't know that I could handle teaching seminary right now too. I am very excited for the two/three of you!
Post a Comment