I drove from here (Peoria, Illinois) on July 25th to my mom's in St. Louis, and the next morning we drove to pickup my aunt in Salina, Kansas. We stayed that night (July 26th) in Dillon, Colorado, and the next day we finished our trek to my sister's in Springville, UT. It was so nice to see my sister and her daughter, Janice, who is almost 2.We also spent a lot of time on our balcony, enjoying the beautiful mountain air and watching cute, young families "play" tennis.
The only other way we spent our time was chasing J around the condo, trying to keep her out of the chocolate! She is definitely a girl!
After a week in Park City, we came back to Springville for the second week. We had such a good time with goofy, stubborn J. She is such a show-off for the camera.
Grandma (my mom) noticed a screw had come lose on her rocking horse, so she got a screw driver and put it back in. In typical Janice-style, she also had to "work" on the horse. She loves to be an adult.
Here she is after we talked her into riding her horse (like a normal 2-year old!).
But after two solid weeks of being away, I am so happy to be back home. Ryan made this cute sign to greet me.
I am now 21 weeks, and most people are still telling me I don't look pregnant. Thank goodness the baby is measuring just right. If not, I'd really be panicking. I am going to just be grateful for now that all the discomforts of large-dom have not yet hit me.
Next week we head to Madison for Ryan's defense. We CAN'T wait to see all our friends we left behind up there. The following week we are headed to Canada for Ryan's huge family reunion. (Tomorrow is actually the only Sunday this month I'll be in my ward in Peoria. Oops.)
I am particularly loving not working. Utah teachers start teacher-meetings on Monday, and Wisconsin teachers start the following week. I am loving my lack of responsibilities. Travel on!
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a great trip. Yes, Janice is lots of fun. Libby had a great time playing with her when they were in LA not too long ago. And yes, enjoy the smallness of first-time pregnancy. I hardly showed at all the first time around, but this time I've been asked if I'm having twins!
We are just missing each other left and right! I'm headed to Utah today, which means that I'll be missing your baby shower. Wish I could go! But I dropped something off at Jennifer's for her to take to the shower. I hope all goes well with Ryan's defense. Have fun in Canada.
I'm SOOOOO glad you left a comment on my blog! I didn't even know you had one, but I'm so happy you do! It was SO fun to see pics of you guys and of Kim's little Janice - wow, how time does fly! I added you to our blog list so I can peek in on you more often now (hee hee)! And last, but certainly not least, CONGRATS!!!!!!! I totally didn't even know you were expecting, or missed it somewhere! But we are SUPER excited for you and Ryan! And no, you do not even look prego!! How did you get so lucky?!!! Anyway, keep in touch and enjoy not having a big belly!!!
~Chandi
AWESOME. I found your blog throuh Allisons. I'm so glad I did. I love blogs, they help me feel connected. I miss ya tons. and LOVE all the pics. Your halloween one is FANTASTIC. and PS. HUGE CONGRATS to you for the lil ' one on the way.... SOOOO COOOl. miss u
Post a Comment