Apparently all you nay-sayers out there were correct. I really am too small. The nurse measured me this morning at the doctors and got a little unsettled. She said I was measuring too small and was worried I was losing fluid around the baby.
Needless to say, they did an "emergency" ultrasound (I had to wait about 30 very panicky minutes), and...
He is perfect. All his body parts are measuring just right, except his femur is too long. :-) Anyone surprised Ryan and I created a long baby? I have plenty of fluid too. Everything looked great.
So why am I measuring so small? Apparently, I am carrying him more inside than most women. Aww, that's why I have chronic heartburn and indigestion.
And in case any of you are jealous: The nurse thinks I'll "pop" soon and by my next appointment I'll measure in the regular range. If I don't, I get another (that's right; it'd be my FIFTH!) ultrasound. Too bad each one is so expensive.
Comments Requested: Who do you think our little monkey looks like? We are keeping our fingers crossed he’ll keep his cute, little button nose, and avoid inheriting my honker. I am afraid he does have my chin, or lack thereof. Ryan thinks he takes a bit after me, which is too bad since Ryan makes a much cuter boy than I ever would. :-)
So, what do you think? Does our little monkey have any distinguishing features that you recognize from Ry or I?
8 comments:
Oh wow - that sounds so scary! I'm so glad that everything is great!! I measured a little small at the last appointment....but my doctor said: "Everyone is different." He's way laid back about things. My next dr's appointment is tomorrow...I guess we'll see if I'm still small! I feel like I haven't skimped on gaining weight though.
I was like that with my first pregnancy, too. Alas, no such luck with this one, so yes, I am jealous. I'm also jealous of the five ultrasounds! (Not of the expense, but it's fun to see your little growing baby.) I'm glad everything checked out well. Good luck!
Glad to hear everything is o'k. You look great! I looked like a beached whale at that point.....oh the memories.
Phew! That must have been scary. Hard to tell who he looks like for me, but I must say I'm a little jealous you're carry him in since I'm the opposite. Even though I'm measuring right on too, I get countless comments from people all the time about how huge I am and it's starting to get on my nerves!
It's hard for a sister to tell because i'm sure i'm somewhat biased but i'm seeing a little bit of me in that baby... so there you have it. he looks like me! what a lucky little guy.
Ok, Linds. First of all you do NOT have a honker! You are beautiful! And second of all, he'd be totally cute if he looked like you. It's strange, but true. Because by the time he hits puberty he'll probably look manlike and so you'll be relieved. Either way, he's going to be cute. It's hard to tell right now. He just looks like a fetus, in my opinion :) And a cute fetus at that. I'm sorry they scared you. Doctors/nurses can be so retarded sometimes. I'm sure it will all be great, especially if you feel fine. You should feel lucky that your skin hasn't started stretching too much. Maybe you'll be one of those "freaks" who never really shows (you know, like those McDonald workers who just thought they had to use the toilet, and then they give birth never knowing they were even pregnant? CRAZY). Sorry to take up so much comment space.
Fun stuff. I can't tell either, but i do know that i thought you said "disgusting features" rather than "distinguishing features." :) Nothing disgusting that i can see, either.
I have heard of the long femur thing, with other people. Weird. Good luck to you. Glad all is well.
-jenmo
He's cute! He looks like he has a little chub in those cheeks. I guess he's a bit further along than 20 weeks though so that's probably why. Our little boy had pretty thin cheeks that looks more like a generic fetus than this little boy. Yes expensive for the ultrasounds - but still kind of fun to see him so often. I'm sure things will be fine. I hope you're feeling well.
Post a Comment