Though you are probably thinking about a different vote in the coming month, that vote will only last 4 years whereas this vote will last a lifetime. Take it seriously.
Ryan and I are pretty certain what we will name our baby, but we are having a hard time deciding on the spelling. A few things for you to consider before voting...
Colin - traditional spelling, equal numbers of Ls in first and middle name, most common spelling
Collin - variational spelling, equal number of Ls in first and last name
You may also vote for a different name. Make sure you post your "other" name as a comment. A few guidelines...
1 - I don't like names that can be either a boy or a girl.
2 - I don't like "common" names that our child will have to attach a "W." to for his schooling life.
3 - We like names that start with C or K.
4 - The middle name is definitely Daniel (probably).
We do not guarantee anything, but we thought it might be fun to find out what our friends and family think.
Happy voting!
10 comments:
I definitely like Colin/Collin a lot - it's on our short list. I think I like the Colin spelling better, so that's what I voted for. :D Did you find that coming up with boys names was easy or hard? We thought it was going to be super hard, but we actually ended up making a list of more boy names we liked than girl names (before we knew what we were having).
It's getting so close!! Are you excited??
I have to explain why I chose the double L ... I think Colin with one L is too much like Colon cancer. Nothing more or less than that. But if you like Colin with one L, don't let my crazy ideas spoil it for you. Either way it's a very solid male name and Daniel goes well with it.
I also voted for Collin because I sometimes confuse the other spelling with the "colon" pronunciation...
yes name your child collin if you want him to be called colon for the rest of his life. kids are cruel... I'm not trying to be mean i'm just saying... already two other people have referred it to colon and i think it's just natural for the two to relate. but maybe it's just popping in my head because i'm about to have a colonoscapy or however you spell it... so name him whatever you want
We talked about Collin/Colin when we were pregnant with Carson. I like it with two l's...just because I think it looks better, however, sometimes going against the traditional spelling can cause problems. We did Abygail instead of Abigail and I'm sorry to say that the girl will probably never get a customized key chain or anything else they sell at those touristy shops with names on them. Just something to consider. I still think it's prettier with a y though, so hopefully she'll forgive us for what will probably become a lifetime of people misspelling her name.
I'm with Bethany (and several other posters) on that one. I totally thought of colon when I read Colin too!
Hey! I agree with the other posts about the Colin-thinking about the rump. I like the double "l"-Collin. I voted for that one. If you're not totally set on a name, I like the name Carter.:) Great pig costume by the way--love it!!
How much fun to have family in town. I miss you & Kim we need to have a get together some how. I like the two ls because my friend here in medical school has a little Collin spelled like this that is super cute! Check out my blog familyhorsinaround.blogspot.com
How about Archibald?
If you really want a C or a K, you could go with Karchibald. I think if it started with a C he'd end up getting called Car a lot. That could be either embarrassing or awkward. Either way unpleasant.
The official winner of the vote:
Collin (not Colin)
If not Collin, then:
1. Carter
2. Carston
3. Collin
Now you just have to wait to see what we pick, because really...
Naming our baby isn't democratic! :-)
Post a Comment