(I just saw this post from FOREVER ago, and apparently I never posted it - it's been saved as a draft. Pardon the need for me to post it so I have it for our own history's sake.
Yes, I know that Collin is now almost 3! You don't have to read it.)
Physical Statistics:
Height - 31.5 inches (57%)
Ryan caught this classic one morning when he went to get snotty-nosed Collin from his bed.
Yep, we've got a Roman toga boy in the works!
Collin loves to take things out of a location and then replace them. This time it was the silverware from the dishwasher container.
And this time it was an entire bag of Goldfish!
Weight - 23 lbs, 8 oz (32%)
Head Circumference - 46 cm (16%)
ball, this (meaning "What's this called?"), juice, cheese, mom (the only perfectly enunciated one!), dada, woof (when he sees a dog).

Of course walking means ouchies. This doozy happened at the end of Sunday School, and the whole ward heard/saw it! Pews are hard and sharp!

Daytime - I had moved Collin to one nap, starting somewhere between 11:30 and 1:30 about a month ago. I loved the freedom to do things, especially since almost every kid-activity in this city starts between 9:30 and 10:30am. Unfortunately, though some days one nap is what Collin wants/needs, there are still the days where he desperately needs two.

Head Circumference - 46 cm (16%)
Language Skills:
Speaking - Collin says a lot of words, though much of it is based on the situation...ball, this (meaning "What's this called?"), juice, cheese, mom (the only perfectly enunciated one!), dada, woof (when he sees a dog).
Listening - He claps his hands when we sing "If You're Happy and You Know It." He heads towards his highchair when I tell him it's time to eat. If I say, "It's time for Sesame Street," he walks to the living room, and stands in front of the television smiling. If we ask, "What does a cow say?" He answers, "Mmmmm." If I say ANYTHING about "outside," he goes to the sliding back doors and looks out.
Understanding - I think Collin understands most everything. That might seem strange, but he seems to know a great deal of what is going on. For instance, when he hears the garage opening, he heads to the laundry door, and stands saying, "Dada," and then eagerly waits for Ryan to come in. He also waves bye-bye when we put on his jacket (summer temperatures have really confused him!). If we are putting on our shoes, he brings us his. He also tries to put my socks or shoes on my feet when he wants to go outside. If I put on my workout clothes, he stands at the baby gate to the basement (where the exercise equipment is).
Mobility Skills:
Collin's walking! I never officially announced it to the blogging world, but Collin started walking two days before his 14-month birthday. Now it has been a full month, and he is probably walking 50% of the time. If he wants to get somewhere fast or if he's feeling lazy, he'll still crawl. But he is gradually adding more and more walking to his day. His favorite thing to do is to walk holding someone's hand - much safer, and much faster!Of course walking means ouchies. This doozy happened at the end of Sunday School, and the whole ward heard/saw it! Pews are hard and sharp!
Sleeping Schedule:
Nighttime - Collin sleeps regularly 7:00pm-7:30am. If it gets messed with (example: driving to St. Louis and not arriving until 8:30pm) things get ugly... and I mean, UGLY! Collin has quite a temper, and I've seen enough tantrums in the last week to fill my lifetime. Fortunately, I discovered the problem, and Collin's catching up on his sleep. He is a much happier little guy. Daytime - I had moved Collin to one nap, starting somewhere between 11:30 and 1:30 about a month ago. I loved the freedom to do things, especially since almost every kid-activity in this city starts between 9:30 and 10:30am. Unfortunately, though some days one nap is what Collin wants/needs, there are still the days where he desperately needs two.
Just imagine the difficulty I'm having scheduling doctor appointments, appointments for shots, visiting teaching appointments, play dates, and meeting friends at the park. I never know if he'll be on a one-nap or two-nap day! Sigh. One day my life will be routine again, right?
Eating
Colling eats three meals per day and one snack (mid-afternoon). Here's some of his main dishes: hot dog, fried egg, peanut butter & jelly, pizza rolls, grilled cheese, baby oatmeal. For snack, he usually eats something from this list - which are also sometimes his side dishes at meal time: peas, black beans, pretzels, string cheese, goldfish, strawberry yogurt, applesauce.

Oh, and Collin LOVES his juice - orange juice! He's only allowed one sippy-ful per day, and he guzzles it in just a few minutes. The rest of the day he sticks to whole milk.Colling eats three meals per day and one snack (mid-afternoon). Here's some of his main dishes: hot dog, fried egg, peanut butter & jelly, pizza rolls, grilled cheese, baby oatmeal. For snack, he usually eats something from this list - which are also sometimes his side dishes at meal time: peas, black beans, pretzels, string cheese, goldfish, strawberry yogurt, applesauce.
Other Silly Tidbits
He used to just unload the cupboard, but now he climbs in and takes the appliance's place!
(So it was actually just super fun for me to read this. Brennan is in most of this clothing now, and luckily is not quite so mobile. I'm sure my days are numbered though...)
No comments:
Post a Comment