For the co-op preschool Collin is participating in this year, I purchased a small magnetic dry erase board and easel. Then I realized I also really wanted a flannel board. So my genius husband took the back off the white board and slid a piece of felt in. It's perfect!
The original purpose for the board was for a cute poem I found online about ice cream cones.
And since he created such a great board, I got all excited to make some games to play on it. First, I decided to continue with the quick-and-dirty jack o' lantern and ghost face-making.
Then I started google-ing ideas, and apparently, you have to pay for almost everything out there. But if you know us, you know I decided I could do it alone.
Here's my ladybug game (numbered 1 through 10).
You have to match the number of spots on the wings with the correct numbered leaf for landing.
Then I made some umbrellas (numbered 1 through 20).
You have to put the correct number of rain drops above each umbrella. Ryan recommended using this one for addition and subtraction some day. Great idea.
And last but not least - The Alphabet Train.
You have to match the engine (the first letter of the object), with its oil car (the capital letter), with its caboose/box car (the lower case letter).
Somewhere in the midst of all this, I realized I wanted Collin to be able to play with the games at church. So I cut up some diaper boxes (heaven knows we have plenty of those) and threw some felt on there too.
And we have a church felt book!
My next goal is to create a mini city: road pieces similar to train tracks, police station, hospital, grocery store, park, church, home, etc. Then Collin can drive his matchbox cars around and visit the different places. I thought it would be a good church activity. Guess I better add the temple as a stop in the town!
What fun ideas have you made or come across for felt/flannel boards?
3 comments:
I love all your felt ideas. Once, long ago I bought some felt to make things for my felt board my sister gave me. Nothing has come of it yet. I'll have to follow your lead and get on that. . .
Look at you being all crafty! Those are awesome ideas. I'll have to steal those when I start teaching again!
Can I buy those off you? I have way too many projects of my own, but boy would Lane love this!
Post a Comment