... and in the tradition of this year, why celebrate just once?
First Celebration
Last Thursday was Ryan's older sister's 10th anniversary, so we joined her and her husband at the movies.
We all saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie and LOVED IT. Super good. I can't wait to see it again.
Second Celebration
On our actual anniversary, we took the day off from parenting. Thanks, Nana!
In the morning, we headed out on the four-wheelers for some exploring. Unfortunately, we had to share one since one's battery wouldn't stay charged. Then the "good one" broke down, and Ryan had to push it home. Oh well, it was still fun - while it lasted - to hug my babe while speeding around.
In the afternoon, we headed to the movies again. This time we saw the new Mission Impossible movie. I liked it, but Ryan was bored.
Flashback (August 2003): After Ryan and I decided we wanted to get married, coincidentally both our parents came to Provo for our older sisters' graduations. We figured they should meet, so we arranged for us all to meet for dinner at - you guessed it - Black Angus. What was planned to be a simple meet-and-greet became a detailed planning of our wedding and reception - dates, times, colors, flowers, dresses, hotel stays, etc. All Ryan and I remember of the dinner is feeling small and insignificant. Most of all we felt silly - We weren't yet engaged!
Happy Eight Years, Babe! Here's to many more. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment