This is our first full-size Christmas tree. We bought it last January on Clearance (just before Brennan was born), so this is our first year using it. Isn't it a beauty?
We celebrated Christmas last night. Yep, that's what I said. Surprised? Hey, we didn't like waiting when we were little, so why should be make our little ones wait too? Ha-ha. No, really, it just seemed simpler to do it here instead of paying to fly all our presents to and from Nana & Papa's house. After church yesterday afternoon, we went ahead and got into our Christmas jammies. Here are my attempts to capture the family together. First, Collin with Mommy & Daddy.
Then Brennan with Mommy & Daddy.
Then Mommy & Daddy with two half-kids.
Hey, my arm's only so long. So here's my compromise photo with no Mommy.
Man, are they all handsome or what? Hopefully we'll get some more use out of our pjs... and be able to get someone to get our picture altogether. Those pants were far too much work for this to be their only showcase.
After naps in our new pjs, we watched "Mr. Kruger's Christmas" and made orange rolls.
Then we listened to "The Tape" (aka The True Story of Christmas), a family tradition of mine since as long as I can remember.
This picture doesn't really make sense here, but I wanted to mention our awesome Ward Christmas Party a few weeks ago called "A Night In Bethlehem." We were each supposed to dress up in biblical attire (as we dutifully attempted), but I only got a picture of Collin. Oops. We each had to sign the census when we got there, and then we sat on blankets in the cultural hall because "there was no room in the inn." We were also all given ten "gold" coins to purchase our food with in the Jewish marketplace. The marketplace also had "gold," frankincense, and myrrh as well as a place to learn to play dreidel. After shopping and playing in the market, we watched the youth perform the nativity play. It was great.
Anyway, back to our Christmas, since I had a doctor's appointment first thing this morning, we went ahead and opened presents last night too. Shame on us.
As can be expected, our almost-one-year-old liked the wrapping paper and boxes better than the presents.
What a cutie-pie.
Collin, on the other hand, LOVES his new "Little People Corn Tractor." I don't think there could be a happier little guy.
After our wonderful Christmas, I have to admit we're a little concerned about Collin. We are going to have one confused little three-year-old come Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - Take Two. But that's just how we roll around here. Merry Christmas!
Oh, and don't deny you're jealous about our Take One Christmas. You know you want to do it too.
2 comments:
I totally wish I had like Take 1-5 of Christmas :D Hope you guys have a stress free (as much as you can with 2 kids) trip and vakay. Enjoy each other (you and Ryan that is :)) you enjoy your kids every day! hahaha
Just don't tell my kids that's an option! :-)
Post a Comment