Thursday morning we were brave and ventured out to the library for story time. Our library does a story time where the parents remain in the building, but the children over three go to the story time alone. I love it! Lane and Collin did great, and we were able to hang out with the babies.
Thursday evening Jenn and I went shopping for some toddler activities for General Conference. Here's what we came up with... Each time one of the "Big 15" gets up to speak, the child finds the bag with the person's photo on it. They get to play with that activity until it's time for another bag. We have coloring pages, connect-the-dots, lacing cards, bead necklaces, stickers, magnet-folder matching, Bible trivia, etc. We'll see how it goes this weekend. Happy Conference weekend!
Friday morning I got to take Collin on a Mommy Date while Brennan napped. We went shopping at Kohl's (funny he doesn't mention that part when he tells people he got to go on a date), to Sonic for lunch, and to Toys R Us to play with the Thomas track afterwards. He's such a sweet boy when he's got my undivided attention.
Friday night Ryan and I went to see Hunger Games. Yahoo! It was fabulous. We put Brennan down before we left, and Jennifer put the big boys to bed afterwards. Great movie.
We also went as families to Robot Brawl on Saturday morning. This has become a family tradition of ours. It's super dorky, but we love it, so I guess we are just super dorky! It's in the basement of the museum but has free admission. The team is made up mostly of college kids, but some of the Cat engineers are ring-leaders.
Saturday afternoon Jennifer treated our family to a photo shoot, as you saw in my previous post. Isn't she amazing? What a cute little family I have.
We also spent a lot of time eating delicious food. Jennifer loves to cook, and she loves to go to the farmer's markets. We got to enjoy her talents, and I'm still full!
Most of the time was spent letting the kids play and the moms chat. It was great.
Sunday morning we all posed for a photo before church, but Mr. Williams was MIA - Ward Council before church, Scout High Adventure meeting afterwards, and two PPIs in the evening, sigh.
Jennifer and Dave are moving this summer since Dave will get his PhD in May. Yippee! Many happy trails to our friends the Stocks.The Midwest - especially the Williams - will miss you!



2 comments:
That's what I'm planning to do with the girls for General Conference too!
Sigh.. we will miss you too! What a great week. Now it's all but a distant memory... :) Thanks for liking me and my little family and for letting us invade your pad. We love the Williams!!
Post a Comment