Monday, March 19, 2012

Welcome to the family, Huck

We buy a lot of cars, don't you think? In our marriage of 8 years we have owned:

Prixy: '92 Pontiac Grand Prix
As the "college-kid" car, my parents graciously let me keep it after Ryan and I got married. Its engine seized up when we'd been married about 18 months.

Beatrix: '85 BMW 325i
As Ryan's high school dream car, his parents let us keep after we got married. It was sold when we headed to graduate school, and the proceeds were used to purchase his road bike.

Sven: '99 Volvo S70
The first car we purchased together, it served us well through all our education-obtaining days. It was totalled when I was 9-months pregnant with Collin.

Yoda: '98 Toyota 4Runner
We purchased this car as Ryan started work with Caterpillar, and we became a 2-car family again. It needed serious brake-work right when I found out I was pregnant with Brennan and was replaced by our van.

Renn: '95 BMW 318is
This car replaced the rear-ended Volvo, but this weekend Ryan said farewell to Renn, whose transmission was slipping dangerously often.

Odie: '07 Honda Odyssey
Our van, currently owned, is my car as I haul the hooligans to Grandma's house, preschool, story time, the grocery store, and playgroup.

And so the story unfolds.
Huck: '07 Honda Ridgeline
This weekend we welcomed Huck (short for Honda truck) into our garage. Ha ha - Only if Ryan can get it to fit! Isn't the elder's quorum president required to own a pickup truck? Anyway, here's hoping he sticks around for a long while...

I have some discussion questions today:
Do you name your cars?
How many cars have you owned?

3 comments:

Amy Rose said...

We've owned two, and we have never named them. It seems like a fun thing to do, but we've never come up with anything... how sad are we?

Heather said...

We've owned 3 cars. Our Civic in Madison. Our Impreza we traded our civic in for and now Logan drives a 96? geo metro to work.

I long for a van - or anything with large storage space in the back and wiggle room.

Nice truck! Looks spacious and nice.

Bethany said...

We're on our second. We still have our little Geo Prism, and now we have our mini van. If we could think of any good names, then perhaps we would name them. Huck is awesome though and I hesitate to even try to compete with that.