The boys got these cute shirts in the mail yesterday.
Nana said to pretend she was giving them a big hug each time they wore them. Here are my cuties sending their hugs back her way.
(Yes, I haven't forgotten my passionate plea to keep Valentine's Day between people in a romantic relationship, but you can't reform everyone, right? Love you, Nana! Thank you!)
2 comments:
ha ha, I thought about you this morning as I gave the girls heart shaped cupcakes, and then again when I gave them heart shaped sandwiches. I hear what you're saying, but I just think it's too much fun, and I cave in. But I applaud you for standing up for your cause! :)
Love the pictures. Your boys are so cute (and very photogenic). Reading this, I just realized I never gave the kids their gift bag from their grandma (who dropped it off last week). Ha! Some Mom I am. I just wasn't into it this year- AT ALL. Too sick and tired, I think. I made a pizza and sprinkled the broccoli on top in the shape of a heart- that counts, right? Dave brought me home flowers even though I told him yesterday not to buy any (they're so expensive here). And I ate some chocolate I already had and counted it good. I'm a little bah-humbug about it all. I think since we celebrate our anniversary in January I just don't want to give in to all the commercialized hype. However- I have to disagree with you on not celebrating it with others- like our kids. I need a good excuse to show my kids some extra love- so the holiday works for me (unless I'm cranky and pregnant and Lane's been a total punk). :) My epistle is now over. Thank you for reading.
Post a Comment