Does this announcement fill you in a little more about the REAL activities of my week without kids? You guessed it - I edited out all the puking and laying on the couch like I was about to die. Aren't you glad you didn't have to read that part?
Anyway, now that you know our fun news, here are some of the facts. I am due October 19th. We are excited to attempt to avoid any holidays with this delivery, but we're cutting it close between our birthdays just before and Halloween just after. We'll see. We do like to cluster things around here. Not.
So here are some things to take note of this pregnancy...
- As a special present at conception, I broke out in vicious, unexplainable hives. They lasted until the day after we could take a home-pregnancy test (2-1/2 weeks in all). It was horrible. Our only guess is that they were caused by the hormone switch. Yikes. The midwife was just as stumped.
- Just like usual, I hit a brick wall of nausea at 6 weeks. I would lay on the couch, eating and routinely throwing up over and over again. I wouldn't have the strength to walk to the kitchen or toilet or even to my bed. It was just like with the boys. The difference this pregnancy is that some days/hours I would feel decent (not good, but bearable). I would be able to stand at the stove, get Collin home from school, push the boys on the swings for a moment or whatever. Anyway, it was nice to SOMETIMES be able to function.
- I begged my midwife (and she tried to talk me out of it) at 9-weeks into a prescription for Zofran. I told her I would only take it when it was at its worst. I got into a routine taking it each evening to fall asleep. I found if I could get some rest at night, I was much better suited to cope with the following day. After almost two weeks of this, I had hardly had a bowel movement. Did you know that needing to poop can feel just like contractions? Long story short, Miralax has become my friend as well. Sometime last week, I started to take another pill at noon-ish too, but I have skipped that one the last few days, and I seem to be doing fine. I am most nauseous in the evening, and the night time seems to be helping. I am throwing up about once per week, which sure beats 4-6 times per day.
- Another difference this pregnancy is that I think (am I going to curse myself?!) that my nausea is going to subside at about 13-weeks, like it does for
- Lastly, I have already gained TWELVE pounds. I guess that when you have to eat every hour to have the strength to walk but then you don't puke it all up, it all sticks. Sigh. Here's hoping nursing makes it all fall off again.
Well, there you have it. Our big news. We'll be a family of FIVE this fall.
4 comments:
Sometimes when I think about this side of pregnancy, I'm like Man, why do we even do this? And then, of course, I remember the other side of pregnancy. The tiny baby you get to take home and love on. I love those tiny babies. I hope I get to meet this one someday!!
Yay! Congrats!!! So exciting, besides the whole "being sick" part. Here's to hoping you will feel much better soon!
Thanks for filling us in! I'm so sorry about the puking-- that sounds absolutely wretched (I only puked for two hours straight that one night in December, and it's one of my worst memories ever. I can't imagine doing that daily.) I couldn't believe I felt better at 17 weeks-ish this time around. I really hope you do feel better! And yes- sleep makes all the difference!! I'm glad Zofran works. I've been too chicken to take it. I'm glad it's working for ya. I hope things get better for you. Sure wish I were there to help you out with those boys!
Congrats again!
Oh, and skinny people like you shouldn't worry about any extra pounds because you know it'll just melt off that slender body of yours right after the baby starts nursing, you lucky skinny mama, you.
Post a Comment