Monday, February 24, 2014

Rocky Mountain High

(text by John Denver)
 

He was born in the summer of his *32nd* year
Comin' home to a place he'd never been before
He left yesterday behind him, you might say he was born again
You might say he found a key for every door
When he first came to the mountains his life was far away
On the road and hangin' by a song
But the string's already broken and he doesn't really care
It keeps changin' fast and it don't last for long
 

He climbed cathedral mountains, he saw silver clouds below
He saw everything as far as you can see
And they say that he got crazy once and he tried to touch the sun
And he lost a friend but kept his memory
 

Now he walks in quiet solitude the forest and the streams
Seeking grace in every step he takes
His sight has turned inside himself to try and understand
The serenity of a clear blue mountain lake
 
 
But the Colorado rocky mountain high
I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky
The shadow from the starlight is softer than a lullabye
Rocky mountain high
NEWS: Ryan starts a new job (in Fort Collins, CO) on Monday, March 24th. We are super excited... but also really sad to leave our friends in Peoria. Here's to our new adventure!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Crazy that I came on here right after you posted! And crazy that I was thinking about you all day yesterday and wanted to call and get updated on what was going on..... but didn't have a chance to make it on the phone. Ft. Collins, huh? Pretty cool place for your first born to live. You must have been fortune tellers when you named him. :) Selfishly I'm so glad to have you just a state away. But yes, moving is so hard! And Peoria is a lovely place! And your house rocks- you guys have done amazing things to it; I hope you make good money off of your DIY-ing. Best of luck with the adjustment of moving! And in ONE month?!? Wow. xoxo

Amy Rose said...

So... you'll be stopping at my house, yes? I don't care if you are driving through and it is the middle of the night... you probably have to go to the bathroom, right? OR even better you really, really, really need a place to sleep. We are like, exactly half way in between... Anyway, I'm so excited for you guys!!

Heather said...

Yeah! I love Colorado. Good luck to your new adventure. I can't wait to hear more details.

Bethany said...

So is this one of the reasons for some of the recent winter home projects? To spruce up the place before you have to sell it? CO is awesome and I'm a little jealous that you're headed there, but that doesn't make it any easier to leave what you've been calling home all these years.

thecutestcouple (Daniel) said...

Love Ft Collins, my sister went to college there (I'm pretty sure her husband's family is still there if you need anybody to get in touch with there ;).) Congrats on the new job.

Sheena said...

Congratulations on the new job and the moving. I hope it all goes smoothly!