Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter

I've lived in the Midwest so long, I barely remember that it can actually be dry in April. Every time rain is forecasted, I naturally figure we'll have to stay inside all day long. Nope. We are lucky if we get a 5-minute sprinkle! That being said, the trees are all in bloom despite the grass being brown, dry and crunchy. Here's the best picture I could get on Sunday of the family.
Oh Brennan. You will be the child who teaches me the most, particularly about patience. Good thing he's so blasted cute.

While Brennan was "too tired" to brush his teeth, I got these handsome ones of the cooperative children.

Aren't they adorable?

Collin's preschool hosted an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday morning. It was CRAZY crowded, and we'll be finding another community event next year. Here he is with the Easter bunny. As usual, Brennan opted out of this photo.
Don't miss the cross around the giant rabbit's neck. Who knew the Easter bunny was Lutheran? Lol.

After church, I wanted to make up for Brennan not getting any eggs at Collin's school's hunt the day before. Unfortunately, despite massively low expectations, Brennan didn't earn participating. Ryan and I hid the eggs and let Collin hunt alone for them during nap time.
Collin loved being an only child, if for only a small moment.

And in an effort at keepin' this blog real, I must mention that the Easter bunny hasn't actually visited our home yet. The Big Boys have been really struggling with bedtime since moving here, and Saturday night Ryan gave them one last chance to stay in their room and go to sleep... And we had to follow through with the consequence of no Easter bunny. They are currently working on five good bedtimes in order to have Mr. Bunny stop by another night this week. So far, so good. We'll see.

We also decorated the coolest, most awesome Easter eggs ever this year, but I can't find the memory card with the pictures on it. Sad huh? Our eggs included a cheerleader, a sweaty athlete, two bald babies, an octopus, a mummy, an Italian gestapo agent... If I find the card, I'll post them. It's amazing what a glue gun, stickers, pipe cleaners, cotton balls, pom-poms and Ryan's brain can create.

*   *   *

And as an update on our Illinois house... It sold! It was on the market 31 days. We signed and mailed our paperwork last night, but the buyers are closing for real on Thursday. Hooray! We're really happy with the price, and in the negotiations we were able to waive the radon inspection, kitchen flooring replacement credit, and three minor repairs resulting from the inspection. Yahoo! Smoothest process ever.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ha ha! It's so fun to read about other parents following through. Way to stay strong, Easter Bunny. I hope the boys stay in bed. Eleanor still talks Lane's ear off (from across the hall) until he sobs and pleads with us to make her be quiet. But at least he's able to sleep in now that she's finally in a big bed that she can get out of quietly in the morning and creep upstairs. But boy, she, like Brennan, sure tries our patience. I'm so glad your house sold, that's fantastic news! No more double house payment! And only one month on the market?! That's awesome. I'm amazed at how quickly and smoothly this move has happened for you guys. Congrats. Can't wait to see ya in a few months. Happy Spring until then!

Jennifer said...

OH, and yes- you got the right answers on my blog. I knew you'd know. :) July 4th is my #1. Halloween #2.