Monday, September 9, 2019

Weekend with Munah!

Another friend from Peoria!

Munah lives in Houston, but she was a student at Bradley when we lived in Peoria. Ryan was her home teacher and I was her visiting teacher, and we kinda adopted her as our own for her five years of undergrad in civil engineering. She has lived a lot of places since and so have we, but she made the trek over to San Antonio to see us last weekend.

She moved away when I was pregnant with Ethan, so she met him and Kate for the first time. Collin barely remembers her (he was only 4 when she graduated), and Brennan didn't remember her at all. Shortly after they met on Saturday, she asked if we had any video games, and you'd have thought she was a goddess from another world; Brennan didn't give her much space after that!

She drove over Saturday morning, and played video games while Kate rested. Saturday evening we headed into San Antonio. We actually hadn't done the touristy things with the kids yet, so this was perfect timing.
First, we went to the Alamo because you can't be in San Antonio and not see the Alamo, or so I'm told. Honestly, I kinda find the place pretty lame, but it's right downtown next to the Riverwalk - which I love - so it's kinda silly to miss it.

Then we headed down to the Riverwalk. We took the narrated boat cruise around the 2-1/2 mile loop, which Ryan and I hadn't ever done either. This was my favorite part of the evening! I've been waiting to do it for a while.



Last, we had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe, which was super fun. Every 20 minutes the robot-animals all freak out when a "thunderstorm" rolls through, and the kids really enjoyed it. And, honestly, the food was pretty good too.

On Sunday, Munah played a bunch of games with the kids before coming to church with us, having dinner, and then heading home.

She is such a big part of my memories of living in Illinois. She was a relatively new member of the church, and it was her first time away from home. It was my first time as a mom (Collin was born the day after Munah's 18th birthday), and we really did a lot of growing up together. Being with her again this weekend was just the best!

No comments: