Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jenn's Visit

This past week my friend Jenn came to visit from Madison. Her husband had a conference all week in Louisville, so he dropped her and her almost-2-year old off "on his way." We played all week, and it was wonderful.
We spent time at two of the parks by our house, since it was 65 and sunny for three days. Yippee! Collin is warming up to sitting on my lap on the swing and slide, but he still doesn't love the infant swings. We also sat in the yard and relaxed one afternoon. Lane and Collin struggled to share the one child's camping chair we have. It was funny to watch Collin race - crawling, of course, since it's faster - for the chair each time Lane stood up.

We also went shopping (but not buying; go us!) and out to eat (at a fabulous trendy restaurant by the unversity here - One World Cafe). On Friday morning we went swimming at a local gym for Preschool Splash. Lane loved it the first thirty minutes, and Collin loved it the last thirty minutes, but it was fun anyways.

Jenn even babysat - after Collin was asleep - on Friday night so Ryan and I could go out. We saw Diary of a Wimpy Kid and got Coldstone. Delish! It was only our third non-temple date since Collin was born, and we were in heaven.
Even though we were tired, Jenn and I spent each of our evenings after the babies were asleep working on 4th of July door wreaths - that turned out pretty cute, I think. I got the idea HERE.
Foam form: $2.99 at Michael's
Fabric: 1/2 yard each of 3 different types ($2.79/yd at JoAnn's)
Craft glue: $2.79 at JoAnn's
Total: about $10
It was a great week with great friends. Collin is super lonely today, and I think he's even been looking for Lane. I can't believe how quiet the house is. Thanks for coming Jenn, and thanks for sharing your family with us Dave!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aww... we miss you guys! When Lane woke up this morning he said, "Baby?" over and over and looked for Collin. Apparently he thinks Collin should be in our house too. I just blogged about this too. :) Thanks again for a great stay. Hope to see you next month!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a great visit. Are you SO excited for when I come visit, someday?